“A good place to stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stopped at this hotel two years in a row on our way down south. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. The staff was welcoming. The complementary breakfast was fine. We will definitely stay there again. It was a good value for the money .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear tim5055:
Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC and taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor world. I'm pleased to know thay you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband treated me to a night in a 1 bedroom suite for my birthday, and even though I love staying with family over the holidays, it's great to have this place be our second home. If you are going to an ECU game in Greenville, or celebrating the holidays in Tarboro, the Country Inn is worth the short drive to Rocky Mount. The cafe downstairs really makes you feel at home, and although the front porch smoking section could use a bit more vigilance from the cleaning staff, there really isn't anything better in the area. Although the Motel 6 is actually pretty good, too, if you are traveling without a spoiled spouse and are on a budget.

Stayed: November 2012

Dear BYOKetchup:
Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC and taking the time to write such a good review. And Happy belated birthday! I'm glad we were able to share it with you! As you can imagine, for a non-smoking facility, our porch gets a lot of use. However, I will address your concerns with the staff. Thank you for pointing this out to us. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed for an overnight stop during a trip. The most important thing is that they are pet friendly. Indoor pool, hot tub and a great hot breakfast. We booked on line and everything was ready when we got there. The hotel is a couple of minutes off I95, but it was worth the short drive. EZ on/off the highway. We will stay again

Room Tip: Pick a double queen room to get a ground floor room by the door!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear tim5055:
Thank you staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC and taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I stopped there overnight on our way to visit family for Thanksgiving. The rates were reasonable (I was expecting they would be much higher considering it was the night before Thanksgiving). The room was clean and breakfast perfect. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear cspenc28:
Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC and taking the time to write wonderful review and sharing your experience with us. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Excellent spot to spend the night to catch some zzzzz's. We stopped here while driving south on I95. A little tricky to get to off the highway but we worth it. Reasonable rate for a very clean room and a hot breakfast. I probably would go to the next exit next time, but still it was a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear kenimler:
Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC and taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I did a lot of research to find a highly rated motel that accepted pets. I am very pleased with my choice. Stayed one night on the way South on November 11th. The mattress and pillows were so comfortable!! The breakfast was amazing. Wonderful array of food choices. High quality. I highly recommend this motel. It was more costly than I usually pay but the good night's sleep and delicious breakfast made up for the cost. A special thank you to Angie Bobbitt who went out of her way to help guide me to the motel. There is construction at the intersection and the sign for English Rd. is not posted.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Bee C:

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I will be sure to pass along your thanks to Angie. Hopefully, when you return the road work will be complete. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and we certainly look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We made reservations for a king pet/friendly suite and requested a ground floor room. When we made these reservations we were told it wouldn't be a problem to be on the ground floor. When we arrived we were told there were no available rooms on the ground floor (even though there were only about 4-5 cars in the parking lot when we arrived) and were given 2 queen beds in a standard room on the 2nd floor. We went to the front desk and said we didn't care if we had 2 queen beds or 1 king but needed a suite (we're traveling with 2 large dogs and 2 children). We were then given another room this time on the 3rd floor with 2 queen beds again! Back down to the lobby again....this time a king size suite on the 2nd floor reeking of smoke! I know this isn't the hotels fault as it is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel but we didn't want to move rooms again and accepted the smoky room. The bathroom floors were very sticky and there was some kind of liquid all over the bathroom door. Definte bad experience. We normally stay at Hampton Inns but with the dogs had to stay here. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear carolann s:
First, thank you for taking the time to write a review. Good or not so good, we always need to know of the areas which we have fallen short of providing exceptional service for every guest. I am truly sorry you did not receive the room type which you requested. However at some point, either during the reservation process, check-in or amoung the room changes; you should have been informed that the hotel does not physically have suites on the first floor and that we only offer one suite type which we allow pets (the King Studio suite). Sounds like no one gave you this information. I also apologize for all of the other issues which you encountered. I would like to speak to you directly to see what I can personally do to make this right for you. Trust me, this is not our standards for operating. Once you get settled from the holiday, please call me directly.