“Very Nice Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Laurel, MD
“Very Nice Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Our one night stay here was very pleasant. The entire hotel is very clean and updated and the rooms are spacious. The staff was helpful and friendly and gave the place an "at home" feeling. The location couldn't be better and is very easy to find. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MRSEMESS
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear MRSEMESS:

Thank you for staying with us at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC. And thank you for such a wonderful review. I'm pleased to know that our accomodations, services and staff made you feel right at home. We look forward to having you back soon!

Tara Nelson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Richlands, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

All I can say is I think this is a wonderful place to stay and meets my definition of "excellence" across the board. We stayed here awhile back, and on our recent motorcycle trip to the mountains I remembered a great place to stay at this exit. Thankfully we found it again, and it is now at the top of our list. The property is beautifully kept and spotlessly clean. We were greeted upon arrival by a very busy receptionist. With a few folks waiting and the phone constantly ringing not only did she not miss a beat, but she did it all with a big smile and wonderful personality. I could not have treated the rude woman behind me in line as nicely this lady did. She surely puts the customer first, even when they don't deserve it. I almost did it for her. Anyway....The room was spacious and clean, the bed was super comfy and the bedding was amazing. After a long days ride we enjoyed a shower and then were headed out to find some dinner. The receptionist (sorry, lost the business card so don't have her name) again was friendly and helpful, giving us a list of local eateries and their locations, and pointing out an area with directions to many local places like grocery, drug store, etc. We used a few of them while there. After dinner we were able to enjoy the indoor pool and jacuzzi before crashing in that comfy bed. Then, in the morning we were treated to a full breakfast. Eggs, sausage, english muffins, waffles, fresh fruit, grits, oatmeal...on and on and on. As usual, the staff at breakfast were friendly and kept everything well stocked. We enjoyed our stay so much that we made a point of stopping here again on our way back home. A few different folks helped us this time, but the level of service was just as high. This time breakfast included Western Omelettes. If you are looking for a friendly, clean, comfortable place to stay this is it. Indoor pool, jacuzzi, fitness center and a great breakfast are a bonus. The fact that every staff member provides the same high level of service lets me know that the person in charge is doing a great job. Excellent customer service is almost always a result of good leadership. Oh, almost forgot.....I did forget my club carlson number, but the GM, Tara Nelson made sure I got my points after the stay was over. Because of our great stay at this location, we have a stay at the Wilmington Country Inn and Suites booked for this weekend. Can't imagine they are all at the level of the Rocky Mount location, but based on stays in RM and Brunswick, GA we now look for a Country Inn and Suites option wherever we travel.

Also, be careful and realize that the "Country Hearth Inn and Suites" is a different property. I almost gave them my review by mistake.

Room Tip: I always like top floor on the end....we are quiet and travel without children. You will hear folks...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tom A
Dear Tom A
Words can not express the pride I feel from such a wonderful review. Thank you. The young lady at the desk the day of your check in is named Angie. Yes, she is truly an asset to our team. I will be sure to share your kudos with the entire staff. EXCELLENCE is what we strive for every day to every guests. I'm pleased to know this was no exception for you.
We thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return visit.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed here a while ago and decided to try it again on a trip up north. I pleased to say they have maintained their excellent rating. The rooms were clean and quiet. The breakfast was very good and the staff was very helpful. Don't miss this one

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ramblinwreck59
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear ramblinwreck59

Not only would I like to thank you for your wonderful review, but also thank you for your loyalty! We are pleased to know that Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC has remained consistant with the expectations you have come to know and love!
Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to having you return real soon!

Aurora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed here for one night in May while travelling south to Myrtle beach from Ontario.Hotel was very clean and rooms were spacious.Breakfast was ok but it was free so we couldn't complain. Coming from Ontario we are not used to biscuits & gravy for breakfast.
Staff were polite. Great location right off I 95. Restaurants very close by. We ate at a 50's diner just along from the hotel and it was excellent. Prices were good too.
We only stay at the Country Inn & Suites when travelling because they have a good reputation. Ask for a room on the 4th floor. Very quiet. No one above you.
Join the Club Carlson when you book. It is free and you get points each time you stay. We got the room for almost half price because we used our points. Great deal. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor at end of hallway are very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HelenOntarioCanada30
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear HelenOntarioCanada30

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites- Rocky Mount, NC. I am so pleased you found everything as you expected of the Country Inn & Suites brand. Thank you for being such a loyal member of Club Carlson!
And yes, biscuits and gravy.... maybe it's a southern thing. But I hoped you were pleased with the combination for breakfast.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kindest Regards,
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Clean rooms, pleasant staff, nice front porch to hang out. We were there for a club function. Within walking distance to places to eat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear JGJ57

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC for your recent group. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back soon.

Short Hills, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

My wife and I stopped here for one night on our way to Jacksonville. We were late in arriving yet were greeted by a friendly gentleman at the front desk. Our room was very clean, nice and quiet, and very reasonable. In the morning we enjoyed a very nice breakfast before we got underway. The staff at this hotel was very helpful and pleasant. The location is nice and close to I95 making it easy off and easy on. It was a pleasure to stay here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Dear RAKSR:

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am so pleased to know you and your wife experience an EXCELLENT stay at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC. We certainly look forward to having you back in the near future.

Tara Nelson- General Manager
PHILADELPHIA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is a great place to "hang your hat" for an overnight stay. It is clean, well managed, has a nice breakfast and close to I-95. It is clustered with other property lodging and Roadhouse Steakhouse and Outback Steakhouse is very close by. I think you will be pleased with the location for quick "on/off" highway travel and cost.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear Mark R:

Thank you for such a GREAT review. Our staff takes pride in proving EXCELLENT service to every guest; every stay. It pleases me to know this was no exception for you. We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Again, thank you for your review and staying at Courtry Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC

Tara Nelson- General Manager