“One of the best”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Fort Myers, FL
“One of the best”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

One of the best suite type hotels we've stayed in. Great location right near I-95. Spacious rooms with everything you need. Rooms are very clean, beds and pillows super and even a big recliner chair! Superb Internet access. Staff is great, especially Gregg who greeted us with a smile and catered to our every need.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New Jersey
Reviewed June 13, 2010

After a long drive from New Jersey this hotel was a nice place to get needed rest close to I-95. The check in was easy. The staff was friendly and efficient. Our first room which was a 1 bedroom suite was not ready when we first got in the room (the bedding was missing). The staff immediately switched our room and apologize profusely for the inconvenience. The diner next store was a great stop for breakfast. Again, the staff was friendly and the food was great. The hotel's store (on the honer system) was convenient and well stocked. Overall, a nice, clean, newer hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Too bad such a nice new pretty hotel had such a horrible builder!
THIN floors and ceilings mean you get to hear the herd of elephants above and below you stomping up and down the halls all night! And the usual door slamming!
AND... there is NO one at the front desk after midnight!!
This hotel is more like long term housing . People hanging out front like they own the place. It is NOT a good choice for those of us who need to sleep!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Advisorstar5
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Great accomodations for the price. The room was great, full kitchen with appliances. Granite countertops and tile in bathroom. Flatscreen tv. Comfortable bed. We have a nine month old baby and had the comforts of home close by. Refridgertor, stove and microwave for her food, awesome. Will always look for this place whenever we travel.

• Stayed May 2010
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed May 17, 2010

After reading all of the other reviews, my wife and I booked a "queen - studio suite" for our down and back trip to tour Charleston and Savannah. The room was a nice size, with a comfortable bed, and fully stocked kitchen (full size fridge). It was also very quiet with absolutely no disturbing noise. Free washer/dryer availability was a definate plus as was the free soda/water and reasonably priced snacks.
Stop at the North Carolina Visitor's Center for valuable, reduced price coupons.
Gregg, at the desk, really does go out of his way to be of any possible service to guests. A nice man doing a very good job.
My only criticism was it was obvious that no floor cleaning had been done to the room on our return trip (food on the kitchen floor, plastic spoon under the desk, hairball on the rug). This was not the case on our first stay on the way to Charleston.
It is a convenient location from the highway, but we couldn't find anything at all to see or do in Rocky Mount.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
durhan, nc
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I travel to Rocky Mount often to take care of my mom in a nursing home and have stayed at most of the motels in the area of the hospital. I had seen the CandleWood Suites and never stopped. I finally did the other day and I was throughly impressed with every aspect of this place. It starts off with the best customer service I have ever had. The night person Gregg is the best person that I have ever encountered when checking into a motel. He immediately made me feel welcome and special all while answering phone calls and a couple of other questions from customers. Everybody and everything is important to him and just the way he handles people is amazing to watch. The room was dirt cheap compared to others in the area. It was a Thursday night and I got a room for $79. When I got to the room, I was amazed at the size and amenities it had to offer. Full refrigerator, small stove, microwave, cups, plates, etc. desk, chair, easy chair, flat screen tv, and half the room was done in hard wood floors. I would stay here over and over again. I travel a lot and this was one, if not the best experiences I have ever had.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
New york
Reviewed March 23, 2010

During our trip back to New York, my boyfriend and I stayed at Candlewood Suites in Rocky Mount, North Carolina which I chose from the wonderful reviews I found on trip advisor. I don't usually write reviews but I have to say that staying at this hotel was an extraordinary experience for us. From the super comfortable beds and pillows (not to forget a great shower) to the sweet and helpful people at the front desk, this hotel is one of the most outstanding ones we have stayed in. I'm an interior designer and travel a great deal but the attention to detail in this hotel was amazing - the space, furniture, kitchenette, bath and, of course, cleanliness (not to mention a free laundry and movie library for guests). When we travel this route again, we will make sure to stay here again in addition to checking out other Candlewood Suites...and the diner across the parking lot was wonderful for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple