“Great accomodations for the price. The...”

Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
“Great accomodations for the price. The...”
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Great accomodations for the price. The room was great, full kitchen with appliances. Granite countertops and tile in bathroom. Flatscreen tv. Comfortable bed. We have a nine month old baby and had the comforts of home close by. Refridgertor, stove and microwave for her food, awesome. Will always look for this place whenever we travel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed May 17, 2010

After reading all of the other reviews, my wife and I booked a "queen - studio suite" for our down and back trip to tour Charleston and Savannah. The room was a nice size, with a comfortable bed, and fully stocked kitchen (full size fridge). It was also very quiet with absolutely no disturbing noise. Free washer/dryer availability was a definate plus as was the free soda/water and reasonably priced snacks.
Stop at the North Carolina Visitor's Center for valuable, reduced price coupons.
Gregg, at the desk, really does go out of his way to be of any possible service to guests. A nice man doing a very good job.
My only criticism was it was obvious that no floor cleaning had been done to the room on our return trip (food on the kitchen floor, plastic spoon under the desk, hairball on the rug). This was not the case on our first stay on the way to Charleston.
It is a convenient location from the highway, but we couldn't find anything at all to see or do in Rocky Mount.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
durhan, nc
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I travel to Rocky Mount often to take care of my mom in a nursing home and have stayed at most of the motels in the area of the hospital. I had seen the CandleWood Suites and never stopped. I finally did the other day and I was throughly impressed with every aspect of this place. It starts off with the best customer service I have ever had. The night person Gregg is the best person that I have ever encountered when checking into a motel. He immediately made me feel welcome and special all while answering phone calls and a couple of other questions from customers. Everybody and everything is important to him and just the way he handles people is amazing to watch. The room was dirt cheap compared to others in the area. It was a Thursday night and I got a room for $79. When I got to the room, I was amazed at the size and amenities it had to offer. Full refrigerator, small stove, microwave, cups, plates, etc. desk, chair, easy chair, flat screen tv, and half the room was done in hard wood floors. I would stay here over and over again. I travel a lot and this was one, if not the best experiences I have ever had.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
New york
Reviewed March 23, 2010

During our trip back to New York, my boyfriend and I stayed at Candlewood Suites in Rocky Mount, North Carolina which I chose from the wonderful reviews I found on trip advisor. I don't usually write reviews but I have to say that staying at this hotel was an extraordinary experience for us. From the super comfortable beds and pillows (not to forget a great shower) to the sweet and helpful people at the front desk, this hotel is one of the most outstanding ones we have stayed in. I'm an interior designer and travel a great deal but the attention to detail in this hotel was amazing - the space, furniture, kitchenette, bath and, of course, cleanliness (not to mention a free laundry and movie library for guests). When we travel this route again, we will make sure to stay here again in addition to checking out other Candlewood Suites...and the diner across the parking lot was wonderful for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Treasure coast of Florida
Reviewed February 21, 2010

called from I-95 fter a LONG day's drive and Glenn made the reservation cheerfully. then when we arrived he checked us in and helped with a couple of things we needed - all while he was busily taking phone calls.
The room was nice and large and we loved having the full kitchen. The beds were so very comfortable and the bedding was terrific.
We will definitely try to arrange our future drives north/south so as to include stays here. We will also check out other Candlewood suites to see if they are as good!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Cape May, NJ
Reviewed February 4, 2010

Our great experience began the minute I called for reservations and spoke with Gregg at Candlewood Suites. It only got better from there. Selected Candlewood because of TripAdvisor reviews; we weren't disappointed. Gregg's hospitality, generosity, and fantastic customer service added to the great quality of the accommodations. We were headed to FL and booked our return reservation before we left. We will always look for Candlewood Suites in any of our travels. Highway Diner is in the same parking lot and a great spot to eat.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Not only is the hotel nice and reasonably priced, Gregg who is the night time desk person makes us feel like long lost friends. He couldn't be better and is the main reason we have come back to this particular location on our trips to Florida. If you want to go somewhere that makes you feel at home, see Gregg at Candlewood Suites.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple