“A great night's sleep.”

Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have stayed at several Candlewood Suites in almost every state from FL to NJ. I have always found them to be clean, safe, and an excellent value. The Rocky Mount Candlewood Suites exceeded my expectations. I was given a 1 bedroom King Suite on the ground floor. Even though I was near an exit door and the parking lot, I never heard a sound all night. The A/C unit, which at other CS hotels is sometimes quite loud, was in the living room so the bedroom stayed cool and quiet. The kitchen and bathroom were both large and well-equipped. The pool and surrounding area were spotless. Gregg was on desk duty when I arrived late at night and he was cheerful and helpful, providing me with a list of restaurants and highlighting those that would deliver to my room! I love what Candlewood Suites has to offer and Rocky Mount, NC tops my list.

Room Tip: Spring for a 1 bedroom. It's worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Cwood688, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Hello roadtripper6695,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are so thrilled to know that Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount made the top of your list!! Our Staff wants to exceed in every way possible to make you feel at home and keep up to our guests expectations. We can't wait for your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I had to stop because were delayed by traffic in D.C. and Virginia for over 4 hours on our way to South Carolina.
The female clerk at check in was wonderful. She was pleasant and answered any questions I had.
The Candlewood accepts pets as we had our dog with us too.
The room was clean and comfortable. There was a small kitchen in unit. After an annoying 9 hour drive due to snarled traffic and needing to stop, the Candlewood was an excellent respite.
Kudos to the staff and housekeeping service who were also very nice and pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cwood688, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Hello Jennifer C,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The Rocky Mount Candlewood Suites Staff are thrilled to know that we were your choice for your current stay. We are pleased to know that you found you stay with us more than suitable. We take pride in making sure that all our guest are fully informed about our hotel and surroundings.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Based on other reviews, I probably just got unlucky, but I was thoroughly disappointed in my stay in this hotel. I pulled off the highway during a heavy rainstorm and asked for a rate I had found online. The front desk person asked me to book it myself from a computer in the hotel lobby. That was bizarre, but okay. The front desk person then looked at me and my traveling companion oddly and asked if we were related, as we had requested just the one bed. We clearly knew the type of room we had requested; our sleeping arrangements were not really any of his business. I was not offered a room upgrade per my platinum status.

When we finally got to the room, it was hot, humid, and smelled strongly of men's cologne. I was disgusted to sleep in the room, as the smell was both gross and so strong that it felt like the person had just vacated the room moments before and the housekeeping had just tossed the sheets back on the bed. (I am sure that wasn't the case, but it was almost like there was another person in the room the smell was so strong.) The posted instructions to turn on the AC were not correct, and I had to spend 5-10 minutes on the phone with the front desk to figure it out.

They don't staff the front desk for check ins past 11pm. You get your room key from a weird box by the door if you've reserved and arrive after that time. If you don't have a reservation and show up after 11, I guess you're out of luck. This was very strange to me.

I regret not staying at the Holiday Inn across the road (which was closer to the Waffle House, the only restaurant nearby that was open past 10pm on a weekend). The price was about twenty dollars more, but I would have received many more points (which I didn't realize at the time of booking), and I would have paid at least a hundred not to have stayed here. The one good thing was the well stocked snack/beverage area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Illipse,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for this issue that you had during your stay. We strive to make every guest stay as pleasant as possible. We are deeply sorry we fell below you expectations. Your comment is very troubling and we would love the opportunity to speak with you directly. Your feedback is very important to us as this assist us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Please contact me directly at 252-467-2550 Ext. 7802 or mnicholas@generationcompanies.com

We hope that we have the opportunity to rectify and meet your standards in the near future.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the better hotels I've ever stayed in while traveling down the east coast. After driving in monsoon like conditions the staff were very quick to take us in for the night. The man at the front desk was extremely friendly and efficient and helped us with our dogs and rooms immediately. I had a slight problem with my room key due to the door's lock dying. An employee helped me and was a little anti social but that was the only down about the hotel. Overall great stop and recommended! Will come back again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank kpdrummer82
Cwood688, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Kpdrummer82,

Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites for your recent stay. We are thrilled to here that you found your stay very satisfying. We take pride in being rapid and precise at Check-In. We also love making our guests feel welcome and at home. We are glad that we could assist you with your door problem as well. We can't wait for you future stay with us!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had to stop for the night and were pleasantly surprise. The clerk at check in was friendly and efficient. He gave us a list of all the restaurants within a few miles and even marked who delivered. Loved that touch. They have dvd players in each room and movies to borrow. As mentioned by others there is a complete mini kitchen - and a bag of pop corn in the microwave. Another nice touch.

Te beds were comfortable and really liked the towels - fluffy and seemed much nicer than the average hotel towel.

A nice surprise on our trip - and will make me look for Candlewood in future travels.

Stayed: July 2013
Cwood688, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Myra Morton,

Thank you for taking the time to send us some feedback about our hotel. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay. We are also happy to hear you liked all the amenities that our hotel has to offer. Here at he Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount, NC we take pride in making our guests feel at home. We can't wait for your with us!! We are also pleased to know that you will be on the scout for other Candlewood Suites.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

You would expect them to have high security since this is a suite, correct? Well.. we had an issue where our money was stolen.. wallet was infront of our door because it fell out of our bag. Within 5-10 minutes we went back out and all of the money was gone. Asked if we could see cameras so we could see who might have grabbed it.. well, there's only 3 cameras, 1 in the cupboard, 1 in the lobby and 1 behind the counter. We called corporate.. said they couldn't help. Sooo if anything like this were to ever happen again, here's a heads up of how they'll handle things.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Rainey521,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We enjoyed out stay here very much. The room was attractive and clean, the beds very comfortable. Our suite was a large room with two queen beds. It also had a small but well equipped kitchen with a full size refridgerator, dishwasher, microwave, 2 burner stove and sink. There were also dishes, cookware and cutlery and several small appliances. The room also have a desk/dining table with two chairs, a flat screen TV and a comfortable leather reading chair. This is a perfect travelers who plan to stay for several days. Staff was pleasant and the check in process was quick. There was a lot of work being done on the road where this hotel is located, so rather then navigate the mess again, we chose to eat at the diner on the edge of the property. It was a busy place and the staff was nice but I would suggest you stick to diner food such as burgers and fires - avoid their version of a Philly Cheese Steak - it was awful and nothing like a real cheesesteak.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Cwood688, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount, NC for your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. All our rooms come equipped with the kitchen area. We strive to be the best for our guests. I'm sorry to hear that your dining over at the Highway Diner was to par. We hope that you choose us for your next stay.