“Outstanding Customer Service”

Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I have traveled and stayed at many hotels across the US and I have never come across a hotel manager that was as nice or kind as Greg was at this hotel. He provided outstanding customer service and went out of his way to make our stay so pleasant. He was helpful, courteous, funny, professional, knowledgeable, and just a joy to talk with. I called to make a reservation and he called me right back like he said he would and had everything ready for us to check in when we arrived at the hotel. He is a major asset to this hotel and we really enjoyed our stay due to his customer service. Thank you Candlewood Suites for providing us with a beautiful hotel and wonderful employees.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 7, 2011

I would like to comment on the service I always receive from an employee of your hotel ,Greg. I always travel two or three times a year, driving from New York to Florida with my cocker spaniel and daughter and Greg has always been so accommodating and kind. When I call for a reservation he could not be more helpful and when we arrive after driving 12 hours his welcome spirit is a pleasure. Greg is truly an asset to your organization and should be recognized for his outstanding service.

Carol C

Room Tip: great hotel good service dog friendly
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Before I even got there Melissa was rude and manager SCOTT clearly doesn't value his customers. Canceled my reservation because if service is poor over the phone, I wouldn't expect it to be better in person.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 19, 2011

This place is just awesome. Greg at the front desk could not do enough for us. They are very friendly and guest satisfaction is their main goal.. The hotel is spotless. We are a priority club member and were upgraded to a one bedroom suite. When traveling back to Florida from upstate New York we will make sure to stop here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Cwood688, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you were pleased with your accomodations and we look forward to your return. It is our goal to make our guests' as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed May 14, 2011

Made reservation to attend AKC retriever field trial event. Greg made our reservation. He has excellent customer service skills.....Anticipated our needs as pet owners to sch. perfect room, ground flr, facing field where dogs could "air". Next day, after the reservation was made, Debra James, Sales Mgr, called to report they were not certain a non-smoking room would be available. Outstanding follow-up. Here, at home in NC, our pet accidently injested rat poison. Dog ok but could not run upcoming field trial. Called Greg on a Thursday and we were given an "cancellation number". If the service at Candlewood Suites is this GREAT before you even ck in, it must be excellent on premises. For our next trip, only Greg will handle our reservations.

Room Tip: Make reservation w/Greg
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind response. Our associates know the value of good customer service starts with the phone call. We look forward to your arrival in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel to keep in the Holiday Inn family for points purposes. I had stayed at a Candlewood Suite only one other time in the late 90's in Brentwood, TN. This hotel 12 years later has been updated but offered everything a la cart. The only thing free was coffee. I booked the hotel on the road and when I arrived they did not have a matching room. The clerk tried to get me to pay extra to go to the next level but when i would not budge, she gave it to me for the same price. The room had a decent size kitchen, flat screen and bed, but was somewhat musty. The A/C was noisy and the toilet did not flush right. I had no problem staying one night but as an extended stay, I am not sure. I did report the problems to the desk the following morning, (the same clerk as they go off duty at 11p). She acknowledged it but offered nothing.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2011

On our two week trip from Florida to New York and return, we stayed at several hotels. Overall, this hotel was by far the most outstanding from both a value and customer service standpoint. I want to especially recognize Gregg, who was at the front desk and checked in our party. He was extremely polite and very compentent, going out of his way to provide outstanding customer service. For example, he took the time to locate an old Priority Club membership I had and also signed up my friends for their own membership. When I travel, I will look for Candlewood Suites in the future based on my experience at this location.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to express your satisfaction with the Value and Customer Service that you received. We appreciate the fact that you will choose the Candlewood Suites brand in the future.