“I will be back”

Holiday Inn Rocky Mount I-95 @ US 64
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed June 8, 2009

I loved the NEW Holiday Inn in Rocky Mount, NC. It was conveniently located off of I-95. The staff was wonderful, our room was pristine and the price was good. They have a restaurant and the service was good as well as the food. I loved this Holiday Inn as much as any I have ever stayed in and I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 22, 2009

I had several rooms booked (14), and everyone had a great time the hotel was nice and clean. The staff was very friendly, the pool is small but great for children. We would stay again.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2009

My family was on the way to Myrte Beach and Rocky Mount is our usual stop on the way. We decided to stay at the Holiday Inn this time. Very clean, friendly staff, nice pool and super beds. Wished our hotel in Myrtle Beach would have been as nice as this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I remember staying at chain hotels along the awful I95 corridor as a kid en route to Florida. The Howard Johnsons, Quality Courts and Holiday Inns were all the types of places you’d pull your car up to your first or second floor room, unload your stuff, and simply stay for the night. You’d hear the constant whine of traffic outside and at times you might wonder who was lurking outside your door.

Thankfully things have changed and there are much more civilized choices today along that dreary route. The recently opened Holiday Inn Rocky Mount is a clean modern facility that’s an excellent choice for business travel or those long overnight car trips like I remember as a kid.

WHAT WAS GOOD: The hotel is brand new and everything is clean, modern and up to date….There’s a small but nice fitness room and a pool on the first floor….Rooms have all the amenities you’d expect, including a good flat screen TV, a nice work area, etc. High speed internet service is free. Bedding and furniture are all high quality stuff….Food at the on site restaurant, Bistro 64, was surprisingly good….There’s plenty of parking and access to the rooms via the elevators is easy, making loading and unloading the car a cinch.

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER: Don’t expect great service at Bistro 64. The staff is really nice though, so just grin and bear it.

THINGS TO KNOW: Other than a Cracker Barrel next door, there’s nothing within walking distance. The Holiday Inn is one of several properties (all recently built modern chains) at a nondescript interchange off US 64 a couple miles from Rocky Mount. It’s a mile or two east of I95. The surrounding area is fine but there’s nothing going on there.

THE BOTTOM LINE: Choose this place if you’re on a long haul and this stretch of I95 seems like a logical overnight stop. It would be a good choice if business brought you to the area, too.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank WRC6
Reviewed April 10, 2009

We decided to stay here for a change of pace, and we are so glad we did. This was far better than the Hampton we usually stay at. Nice place to stop on your way to Myrtle Beach or further South. This is a new Holiday Inn with a Cracker Barrel next door, but their restaurant is very good also. Our room was huge with a flat screen, refridge, microwave, couch and king bed with thick mattress and crisp white linens. The large walk in shower was an added bonus with their large shower head. We will definitely stay here again and again. The people were so friendly. Holiday Inns are now on my to go list. They definitely have become a top hotel chain again in my book! I will return.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2009

Seems like a brancd new hotel, my gps thought I was in a field. This hotel is top notch for the price, big spotless room, clean indoor heated pool, small gym, nice breakfast. Stopped in here while heading from New York to Florida, ended up changing my travel schedule home to stay here again.
Would definately recommend to anyone

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank brh31
Reviewed January 18, 2009

The hotel is quite new. The lobby is very attractive, with a fireplace which was particularly inviting, given that the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states were suffering very cold weather.

Our suite was clean and very well-kept. It featured an over-sized bathroom with two sinks. The refrigerator was full-sized. Bedding was clean and comfortable; he large number of pillows, with choice of firm or soft, as in many properties these days, is almost laughable, but better than having too few or ones that are too hard or soft.

All the staff, desk, restaurant, and housekeeping were pleasant, cheerful, welcoming and efficient. On check-out, when I took our luggage to our car without picking up my receipt, the desk-clerk came out to the car to bring it to me.

We'd had a long drive and it was cold out, so we ate in their restaurant, despite generally not favoring hotel restaurants, and were pleasantly surprised to find the meal very acceptable; service was good, food was more than satisfactory, portions were good-sized, the decor was pleasant, and it was convenient.

A criticisms and an observation: The sink in the suite's kitchen was inadequately lit. The bathroom has a large stall shower, but no bathtub, probably not an issue for most, but probably important to some.

Overall, we found the Holiday Inn, Rocky Mount, a very good hotel; it would be very useful for someone in the area on business or attending a conference, and is much more than adequate for an overnight stop.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Rags2006