“Not the best choice in Rocky Mount”

Holiday Inn Rocky Mount I-95 @ US 64
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have stayed in Rocky Mount annually on the trip north from Florida. This was our first stay at the Holiday Inn. The hotel is fairly new, and was highly rated on Trip Advisor. Our room, on the fourth floor was nicely equipped, and bedding was comfortable. The downside: for some reason the designers chose to equip the rooms with doors that made a terrible noise when they were closed--both interior and exterior doors on every room. So, anytime a guest went in or out (or even shut the bathroom door) the clanging could be heard far and wide. The other irritation: just two elevators for a six story hotel, which meant a wait for several elevators to go by before there was room to get on.

We have also stayed in the Hampton Inn, Residence Inn and Country Inns and Suites in Rocky Mount. Next year we'll choose one of those for our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 88lobster
Lisa F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Rocky Mount I-95 @ US 64, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that your experience was not the best. Our goal is that every guest have a possitive stay and it does not sound like your experience met that expectation. I would like to talk to you to find out what room were in to see if we can trouble shoot to see what went wrong and how to make it right for you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Thanks,
Lisa F.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Rocky Mount I-95 @ US 64

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The stay was pleasant, the rooms were clean, well-maintained. The amenities were new in the hotel appeared to be in excellent condition both inside and out.

Unlike other business hotels, they did not offer a continental breakfast or light breakfast. As there are no other restaurants in the immediate vicinity. This is a bit disappointing.

However, I would have no reservations recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Lisa F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Rocky Mount I-95 @ US 64, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for your feedback! We are so glad that you had a pleasant stay and found everything to be in tip top shape! We try to make sure everything is clean and in good working order for each guest!
We do have some rates that include breakfast so next time you are in the area, please give me a call and I can go over your options to pick the best rate that works for you.
Also, we do have a Cracker Barrel, Waffle House and a Biscuitville within walking distance for those days that you would like other options.
We look forward to seeing you again at the Holiday Inn Rocky Mount, until then take care!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We spent the night for the Big South Conference tournament. Our son was competing and had developed dizziness following his match. We got to the hotel two hours before check in time and are not priority members. The check in person, Gussie, was so kind and helpful. She could tell my son did not feel well and searched and found a room we could get in to early. She continued to be a friendly person to see at the front desk our entire stay helping with directions and store requests. The hotel is very comfortable and had a nice bar. We did not eat in the restaurant so I cannot comment on it. The fitness center is very deceptive from the on line picture. It consists of a treadmill and elliptical with no free weights or weight equipment of any kind. If they would improve on that area they really could qualify for an additional half star.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Rocky Mount I-95 @ US 64, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel for the USA South tournament! The whole city was very excited to have you here this first year!
We hope your son is doing ok. It was very warm here this past weekend, very easy to get a little dehydrated.
Gussie is a very caring person and I am glad that she was able to find something for you and help you throughout your stay!
Thanks for your feedback on the fitness center. I will definitely forward your comment on and see what we can do.
Take care and we hope to see you back next year!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here after a long drive from Orlando and enroute to NY. I firstly have to say that this is a great property located conveniently off I-95. Area is great nice and clean and not crowded. Check in was easy, thank to Debra who was awesome in getting me organized and set up at the last minute. Debra is an asset to that property. The rooms were nice size, we have a suite which was very comfortable and an additional room that was very big in size. Lobby area is great, missed the breakfast so ordered room service which was very good, and great service, very timely and not over priced. We stayed here with our 4 kids so every detail was important which Debra had looked after. Would definately stay here again with or with out family.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and thanks for sharing your experience!
Debra really is an asset to the Holiday Inn Rocky Mount! She along with the other staff do try to go above and beyond to make each stay special.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to this area, until then take care!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I picked this hotel after reading the reviews. Our stay (on the way home from Florida) was "just OK". The staff was cordial but not overly friendly. We are Platinum members of the Priority Club and there was no recognition of our status when we arrived. I wasn't expecting a red carpet but there was no upgrade mentioned or anything special even though the hotel was less than half full. The carpet, bed and bathroom were clean but the furniture looked like it had falled off a truck. Everything was badly scratched and the dresser was missing a drawer. Breakfast was not free but reasonably priced and the wait staff was nice. If you book here ask for a room on the side away from the noisy highway. We previously stayed at the Doubletree in Rocky Mount and liked it better.

Room Tip: As for a room away from the highway side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Rocky Mount I-95 @ US 64, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

I am sorry that you had that experience at our hotel. We love our priority club members and try to recognize them, so I am sorry that you were not. We normally only get good comments on the decor of the furniture in the rooms, so I would love to speak with you and get a little more information. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for taking the time and giving us feedback, it helps us to know what were doing right and areas for improvement.
Take care and we I hope to hear from you!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Overall not bad. Decent overnight stop for a long drive. Staff was very polite and the room was clean, although tight. All beds with little room for anything else. Bathroom towels (and pool towels) were old and a bit scratchy. Bed and pillows were comfortable. When booking be mindful of the advertised "free breakfast" - which is not. Bill came and the "free" was only up to $20.00. We owed $ with only two adults and two small kids. Not a deal killer but left a bad taste in our mouths, so to speak.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Lisa F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Rocky Mount I-95 @ US 64, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for staying at our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable to us, it lets us know what we are doing right and areas that we need to improve.
I apologize about the breakfast coupon, we will definitely work on the wording on the websites. I also apologize for the towels in our pool area and bathroom. The pool towles tend to be less expensive since they are hard to keep in stock. We will look at a different brand and address it with our supply company. The bathroom towels are normally sorted to weed out the olders ones, yours must have slipped through the process, so I am sorry for that.

Please feel free to call me if you would like.

Take care,
Lisa.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I was driving alone to Florida and stopped here. The hotel was great as was the price. I stayed on a Friday night and they took the coupon from the travel book. I paid I think $69.00. My husband was worried about me traveling alone but I felt very safe here. The front desk lady was nice, the room was clean and quiet. I have no complaints. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank WellsM0m
Lisa F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Rocky Mount I-95 @ US 64, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thanks for the great comment! We are very happy that we had the coupon rate available for you....it really is a great deal!!! Safety is a big priority here, so I am glad is shows. We look forward to having you stay at our property again! Take care.