“BIG cat (Tiger and Lion) sanctuary, a must see experience”
Review of Tiger World

Tiger World
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Rockwell
More attraction details
Owner description: Tiger World is an animal conservation and educational center dedicated to rescue, rehabilitation, and preservation of exotic animals. We are open to the public for educational guided tours and walkabout self-guided tours. Tiger World is a different kind of Zoo. Our tours personally guide visitors throughout the preserve learning about each animal. You see them in a natural setting and have the opportunity to observe them playing, swimming, eating, sleeping, and interacting with their handlers.
Rock Hill, SC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“BIG cat (Tiger and Lion) sanctuary, a must see experience”
Reviewed February 18, 2009

What TigerWorld lacks as a small zoo is more then made up for by the close encounter you can experience with Tiger World's BIG cats. I have never seen these amazing animals so close up (some 5 feet away) until I visted Tiger World. The quality of the caged enclosures made me feel safe. I was pleasantly suprised that the tigers seemed as interested in observing me as I was in observing them. Feeding time at the zoo is a wonderful time to sense the "wildness" in their behavoir. And I was fortunate to hear the Lions do there awsome "Roar of the Jungle" song. I walked away with a remarkable experience that I talked about for weeks. A MUST SEE PLACE!

3 Thank AnalyticalChemist

orlando,fl
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Super Cool Place to Visit for anyone who loves animals!”
Reviewed February 11, 2009

I visited Tiger World while in North Carolina on business. You can get incredibly close to the animals and if the staff takes you through, you see some amazing tiger behaviour since the tigers and the staff have strong bonds.
This is much different and much better than watching animals in a zoo. I learned a lot and they had a large number and variety of animals.
I also did the 'tiger encounter' which was really neat. You get to actually play with a tiger cub.