“Overnight stay on the way to Mrytle Beach, SC”

Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Rockingham
Detroit
“Overnight stay on the way to Mrytle Beach, SC”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Just there for and overnight stop over. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The room had a fresh smell and clean linen. The carpet was clean, the bathroom was also clean. The breakfast was fine and the area was clean. Check in and out was just great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Angie B
Ashley H, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review on your recent stay at our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that our staff was friendly,room was clean, and that you enjoyed the free hot breakfast. We thank you for your business and look forward to accommodating you with the same experience next time your in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I recently stayed several nights at the Quality Inn in Rockingham, N.C. for the US Open. Knowing that the facility had a little age, I tried to be somewhat open minded about the condition of the room. It was just fine. It was clean and I had no problems at all. I went to the pool and it was inviting and clean as well. The breakfast buffet was small, was kept well stocked and enjoyable. The one area that made my stay most enjoyable was when I checked in. Stephanie was at the desk and greeted me with a smile and a welcome. She was very helpful, accommodating and pleasant. Because of her friendliness, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank TravelingMan0119
Ashley H, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you so much for giving our hotel a chance.We are very pleased that you enjoyed your clean room,outdoor pool, and free hot breakfast! I have shared your kind words with my desk clerk Stephaine and she joins me in thanking you and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future!
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2014

There is no getting away from the fact that this hotel is a tad dated. The exterior staircases and landings are as welcoming as a run down tower block, but I don't suppose that there is much that the management can do about this. The pool area on the other hand is perfectly nice.

The hotel rooms are rather tired and faded, and based on some previous reviews we had a close look at ours for cleanliness. We needn't have worried however and our room was perfectly clean and comfortable.

Check in was by the irrepressible Tonya who was both friendly and helpful, and she pointed us in the direction of the nearby La Cabana restaurant as a place where you could simply have a beer (see separate review). The breakfast area is fine and the buffet breakfast was OK, including hot biscuits, scrambled eggs and grits.

This hotel is never going to be on my "must return to" list, but it is a perfectly fine place to stay if you are passing through Rockingham.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank johnhouston2
Ashley H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you so much for your review on your experience at our hotel. We are an older hotel but we take pride in making updates often so our guest will have an enjoyable experience at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our outdoor pool,clean room,hot breakfast bar and our friendly helpful desk clerk Tonya.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were traveling to MB bike week and stayed here. It was not our first choice but since our friends checked the first choice and decided to upgrade we followed them. Glad we did!
Tonya at the front desk was number one best impression. She put us in a room next to our friends and across from the pool. she went out of her way to help us find a restaurant that delivers. We are so pleased with the condition and Tonya's great attitude we certainly will stay here next time
when headed south! Thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms by across from the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cyncity13
Ashley H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am so pleased that you decided to stay with us on your way to the beach and that my desk clerk made sure you got exactly what you wanted. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Was in my original room, but had to move because the walls are paper thin!!! Moved to another room, which had dead bugs on counter and in bathtub!! Totally nasty. Will not stay here again. I travel for my job and I've stayed in a variety of hotels and this is 2nd to the worst I been in!!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank gina b
Ashley H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
I sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied with your experience at our hotel. We take guest feedback very seriously as it helps us improve our hotel and service to our guest. I will share your feedback with my housekeeping department so that they do not miss something like this again. When it is convenient please contact me at rockinghamqualityinn@gmail.com so that I may have the opportunity to make up for this negative part of your experience.

Travelers are raving about these Rockingham hotels

Madison, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I was on my way back to Florida from a motorcycle trip on the Blue Ridge Pkwy. I was very tired so I stopped in Rockingham, NC. at the Quality Inn. When I walked in the place was very nice and clean, I walked up to the front desk and the woman there said she would be right back to check me in, after 10 minutes I walked out, I was too tired to wait. I rode right around the corner to the Days Inn and checked in right away. I probably saved some money anyway. I don`t like bad service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank John P
Ashley H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Please let me apologize for the service you recieved. I have discussed your feedback with my staff and we are taking action in making the improvements necessary so that this incident does not occur again at our hotel.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stopped at the Quality Inn on my way to Myrtle Beach since I'm a Choice member. I know that normally I can't go wrong with the brand hotel. Boy was I impressed with this particular location. As soon as I walked into the lobby area to check in, I was greeted by the front desk clerk immediately. She was very friendly and had a great attitude. The check in process only took a matter of minutes which impressed me since I was very tired from my long trip. I asked her about a nice place to sit down and have a nice dinner and possibly a cocktail. Right away she made a personal suggestion of where she likes to dine in town. The place that she suggested was awesome, great food and service. Also after she checked me in to my surprise she gave me a goody bag and said thanks for being a choice member. The bag had a bottle of water, a bag of chips and some cookies. Not all choice hotels acknowledge their guest in that manner. When I got to my room it was a little dated but was very clean. I can honestly say that the bed was quite comfortable as well. I would like to say thanks to Pam for treating me so nicely and making my stay feel like home. I will without a doubt stay again when in the Rockingham area. Didn't get to take advantage of the free breakfast but I'm sure that it was great as well as my stay was.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Ashley H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
We are so pleased to hear that you had such an excellent experience at our hotel. We take pride in offering exceptional service for a reasonable price. We are also glad that you were happy with your choice privileges acknowledgement! Thank you so much for being a loyal member to the choice brand and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockingham
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rockingham
#1 of 3 in Bennettsville
Hampton Inn Laurinburg
Hampton Inn Laurinburg
#1 of 5 in Laurinburg

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham? Share your experiences!