“Staff and Service was Exceptional for the Price..”

Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Rockingham
Boston, Massachusetts
“Staff and Service was Exceptional for the Price..”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stopped at the Quality Inn on my way to Myrtle Beach since I'm a Choice member. I know that normally I can't go wrong with the brand hotel. Boy was I impressed with this particular location. As soon as I walked into the lobby area to check in, I was greeted by the front desk clerk immediately. She was very friendly and had a great attitude. The check in process only took a matter of minutes which impressed me since I was very tired from my long trip. I asked her about a nice place to sit down and have a nice dinner and possibly a cocktail. Right away she made a personal suggestion of where she likes to dine in town. The place that she suggested was awesome, great food and service. Also after she checked me in to my surprise she gave me a goody bag and said thanks for being a choice member. The bag had a bottle of water, a bag of chips and some cookies. Not all choice hotels acknowledge their guest in that manner. When I got to my room it was a little dated but was very clean. I can honestly say that the bed was quite comfortable as well. I would like to say thanks to Pam for treating me so nicely and making my stay feel like home. I will without a doubt stay again when in the Rockingham area. Didn't get to take advantage of the free breakfast but I'm sure that it was great as well as my stay was.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Ashley H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
We are so pleased to hear that you had such an excellent experience at our hotel. We take pride in offering exceptional service for a reasonable price. We are also glad that you were happy with your choice privileges acknowledgement! Thank you so much for being a loyal member to the choice brand and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ohio City, Colorado
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I was traveling alone on business and had to pass through rockingham. It was late at night so I stopped at the first hotel I came across which was the Quality Inn. The outside appearance looked very welcoming and when I walked in the girl at the desk was very friendly and helpful.I felt like the price I paid was reasonable due to the fact the room was clean, strong wifi,comfortable bed,fast check out and the free breakfast had a lot of items to chose from which really impressed me! I definitely would stay at this hotel again and would recommend to others!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Karen M
Ashley H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
I am glad you were satisfied with your choice to stay at our hotel. We thank you so much for your feedback and are pleased to hear that you noticed the welcoming outside appearance as well as the friendly staff, clean room, and the quanity of items we have on our free hot breakfast buffet! We're looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accomadations next time you are in town!
GA
Reviewed December 4, 2013

First of all, the lady at the front desk had an attitude, and then wouldn't check us in because she was doing her night audit. She took her time, and said she would have to check us in for the next day and we had to wait because the earliest she could check us in was at 5a.m, it was 3:45a.m. Waited because we had no choice, all the other hotels were booked or didn't have smoking rooms. Once in the room, it smelled just a little and the sofa was nasty, they need to use bleach on there towels and sheets, they had stains on them and hair everywhere. It was last minute and like I said, there were no other hotels available, there was an event that weekend and we had no choice but to stay here or in the car, lol. I will not be staying here ever again, and they don't have an elevator, we had to carry all that luggage up some wet paint stairs, it's outdated to me, especially when they give you a key as if you're unlocking a storage room or something, uhhh...they don't even had the key slides.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Tiffany J
Im sorry to hear that you had an experience like this at a hotel;However this is NOT our hotel. The information you listed is not accurate for our property. We do indeed have key slides and have had them since we opened. All of my desk clerks are trained to know how to check in someone around the hours of them doing audit. Also we have not painted the stairs recently and all of our linen is new.

Travelers are raving about these Rockingham hotels

Lehighton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I should've really taken the advice of other reviews because this was quite possibly the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at! When we arrived, I checked the beds and found the linens to be filthy!! There was hair all over the sheets, and even a drop of blood that was on the bedspread!! I called to the front desk to request new bed linens. She arrived and saw the condition of the linens and immediately began complaining about the lazy cleaning staff. She went to get new linens, but came back to tell us there were no clean mattress pads available, so we would have to do without for the night! We were in town for a graduation and there weren't many other clean places available that weren't on the bedbug registry! Otherwise, we would have demanded a refund then and there! The bathroom floor felt sticky, and the smell of smoke from the room next door added to our dismay! What the other reviews say about the loud train at night is absolutely true, and I'm a pretty heavy sleeper!! When we checked out the next day, the hostess at the front desk was unpleasant. You couldn't pay me to stay again in this place! It was terrible!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Celticqtpie22
Ashley H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Want to offer my sincere apology for the unprofessional experience you described. I appreciate your feedback and have discussed this issue with the laundry attendants and front desk staff. We are committed to ensuring this problem does not occur again. If I can assist you further, please email me at rockinghamqualityinn@gmail.com
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Checked in very late with no problems. The breakfast was very good. Check out was very easy. The room was good and bed comfortable. Great location. The problems were that the refrigerator was not running when we got in the room but with two mall children sleeping was not about to pull it out just to see if it was unplugged. The tubs stopper would not work and so you could not fill up the tub nor was the shower working.

Room Tip: rooms on the office side can hear less traffic noise
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank babiesmake4
Ashley H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. We are please to hear you were satisfied with your check in/out process, the breakfast and your room! However; I do apologize for the refrigerator and the shower issue and have discussed preventive measures for maintenance to complete so this incident doesn’t occur again. We hope next time your in the area you give us another try to deliver you a great hotel experience!
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to go through Rockingham, NC on my way to the beach. I chose to stay at this hotel because of easy location and it looked nice. I was genuinely surprised to find my stay very pleasant. The staff was friendly,the room clean and well kept but when I got into my room the fridge was outside being cleaned. The young maintenance man was very prompt putting it back into my room and was very polite and professional. The fridge was clean as well. He helped me with my bags as I was struggling up the stairs and I was thankful for his help. The hotel is one I would stop at again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank angela p
I'm glad you were happy with your decision to stay with us during your visit to the beach, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and rating. We look forward to our next opportunity to provide you with pleasant and comfortable accommodations and service on future visits.
Rock Island, Illinois
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel on our way to Myrtle Beach SC. Some of the other hotels in the area we would not stay at just by looking at them. This one had a decent appearance on the outside. The room was very clean, staff was nice and friendly. It appeared as if they may be renovating the lobby area but it did not bother us. I wanted to do a review for them because it was a good price for the room and I was very happy overall with my entire stay.

Room Tip: good hotel and good price
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kim g
Ashley H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
We are pleased to hear about your high level of satisfication with our hotel. It is nice to hear that our location and pricing were ideal for your travels. We look forward to our next opportunity to provide you with pleasant and comfortable accommodations and service on future visits!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockingham
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rockingham
#1 of 3 in Bennettsville
Hampton Inn Laurinburg
Hampton Inn Laurinburg
#1 of 5 in Laurinburg

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham? Share your experiences!