“Loved it!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Rockingham
Ohio City, Ohio
“Loved it!”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

All the staff were friendly and helpful. Audrey was a dear at check in and Kayla was a sweetie at check out. The rooms were really nice and clean. Carpet was a little worn, but I was told that since they recently changed brands that luckily they would be getting new carpet in all their rooms in the upcoming months. For such a nice place their rates are very good. Its $79 during the week and $109 on the weekends. I highly recommend staying that the Quality Inn and Suites (Formally Holiday Inn Express) when you take your next trip through Rockingham, NC.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 13, 2010

This hotel is your basic hotel/motel in the South. The reason I gave it a Very Good rating was because we couldn't find anything wrong with the place. At the end of the day, it's a Holiday Inn Express, so your bascially staying in a motel. But the service is fast and pleasant, the rooms are as clean as you would expect them to be, and they have free breakfast in the morning. They also have a computer and printer in the lobby. I used it to print out my boarding passes for my flight home. They also have free wi-fi.

The room had a brand new heating unit and was relatively quite and kept the temperature nice and comfortable. There was a flat screen TV with tons of cable channels. The bed was a king size (we were in room 113) and what I liked was that they used sheets and a duvet, so you know the bed linens were cleaned each visit, no nasty, tacky polyester comforters. The bathroom was tiny and could use a facelift, but it was clean enough. Of course, the corners in the room and sink area looked as if they weren't dusted or wiped down in a few months, but hey, what do you want. The lamps could have used a wipe down as well.

There was a working fridge and microwave which was nice. The room also smelled amazing after the maid finished up.

As far as the train, we were there for 3 days and only heard the train once, and it was around 8pm on a Saturday night.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Seth, West Virginia
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We stayed here to break up our trip to Myrtle Beach. I had called the 1-800 number to reserve a smoking king room. After check-in we discovered that our room was non-smoking queen. The front desk receptionist (Kayla) gave us the type of room we requested. She said the 1-800 number didn't reserve the type of room we reqested. She was very helpful in changing our room with no problem! Nice clean room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel. Staff was very friendly. A young girl named Heather checked me in. She was very polite and helpful. My room was clean, smelled fresh, and was just perfect. At checkout Ashley was very quick and made sure I enjoyed my stay. For this to be an exterior older hotel it is kept up very nicely. Has wonderful friendly staff and good housekeeping staff as well. Manager ( or who ever is in charge) must be doing a great job! I will stay here in the future!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
NYC
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Super quick check-in with paperwork and room keys programmed when we arrived. We got room #119 on the side facing Days Inn as recommended by other reviewers due to the loud train noise. It definitely helped since we heard the train once or twice in the middle of the night during our 3 night stay, but it was bearable and I am a light sleeper. The room was clean and renovated with a flat screen TV. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom needed to be renovated/updated. Housekeeping did a good job but our room was not cleaned after the first night (not sure why but we returned late so didn't bother with it). The front desk staff were friendly and always greeted us promptly. The breakfast was surprisingly generous with eggs, sausages, muffins, cereals, juices, bottled water, tea and coffee. The breakfast area was well maintained and cleaned. Overall, a good choice for the area!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed April 3, 2009

My room was very nice and clean. I had a flat screen TV hanging on the wall, a fridge, and a microwave in the room. Beds were very comfortable, and the room felt very new. The front desk attendant (Ashley) was great. The rest of the staff from housecleaning to the maintenance team was great. My hotel rate dropped because I stayed more than 4 days. Yes, the hotel is by a train track and heard it only once or twice during hours that people are usually still up anyway. After 11-11:30pm, I heard no trains or anything else even my neighbors. There were a bunch of restaurants in the area, all the major chain restaurants. Overall it was a very positive stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Port Clinton, Ohio
Reviewed March 15, 2009

I found this motel to be well maintained and clean for an older style property. Check i/out was smooth and the staff was friendly and helpful with information about the area. i would definitely reccomend.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockingham
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rockingham
#1 of 4 in Cheraw
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Bennettsville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Rockingham? Share your experiences!