“BedBugs!”

Days Inn Rockingham
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Rockingham
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This hotel has BEDBUGS! The management dismissed them as if they had no concerns and never responded to the complaint with me directly, however, the Richmond County Health Department did respond with a simple call I made to them and they DID FIND BEDBUGS and ordered the room to be stripped and properly treated. I have still to this day not heard a response from management.

STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK

Room Tip: Hotel has bedbugs!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Online R
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Rockingham

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I went to Rockingham for the recent return of Nascar to the Rockingham Speedway. I was surprised to find that, unlike the areas surrounding many of Nascar's racetracks, the Rockingham hotels had not doubled or tripled their prices for the weekend of the race. There was a slight increase from normal but nothing like what hotels surrounding Daytona or Bristol do.

This is a Days Inn. The room was clean and comfortable. For $100 a night I had a king bed with a queen convertible sofa, a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker (no kitchenette they were tucked up by the bathroom). They channel list on the cable TV was extensive. The hotel provided free WiFi and a free continental breakfast, which was pretty much cold/hot cereal, a Belgian waffle maker, juices and breads for toast. With the exception of one day I passed and went 1/2 mile down the road to Bisquitville for breakfast. There appeared to be a pool but it was covered with a tarp. Not sure if it was too cold or not usable for some other reason.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. They community as a whole was so thrilled to have the races back, and the related business, and they couldn't have all been more accommodating.

Things to know about this and likely any hotel/motel on or slightly off Broad Ave. Broad is a very busy street day and night. Lots of traffic, lots of trucks. On one side of Broad are railroad tracks used day and night, with conductors who seem to take great pleasure in blowing their horn. I was awakened this way at 6am one morning. So noise may be a factor for any of these hotels. In my case, it didn't help that I had the room that was right next to the road. The rooms set further back may not have picked up as much street noise but I can't imaging that they missed the train. When you make your reservation, specify that you do not want 125-127 or 225-227 and you will be set back a bit from the street. Also, this is a two-story hotel and I did not notice an elevator so if you do not want to haul yourself and your suitcase up stairs specify a first floor room only

Room Tip: see my review re rooms to avoid and no elevator
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dianeinla
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Not only was this stay unacceptable, it was unpleasant too! My husband, my son and I have family here that we like to visit on occasion and I didn't think twice to spend less money for a cheaper hotel then Comfort Suites, even tho it looks a whole lot better. Im EXTREMELY sorry to say that we didn't stay at Comfort Suites bc our stay here was AWFUL! Not only was the wait staff RUDE, but when they charged my card three different times for 193.00, the manager wouldn't come down to sort it out. Instead he had his rude desk personnel call the cops bc he didn't want to deal with his incompetent employees not knowing how to charge a credit card once! I am proud to state that we have filed a formal complaint about this Days Inn, his rude desk employees Ryia, and the incompetent manager Bv! Before this is all over and done we will have not paid a single night for this extremely bad choice in hotel, and next time I will spend 110.00 a night to stay at a hotel with pleasant wait staff and competent management! PLEASE DON'T STAY AT THIS DAYS INN... YOU WILL BE SORRY YOU CHOSE IT. Next time Im going to Comfort Suites!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We visit the USA every couple of years and usually tour staying each night at a different hotel. So we have stayed at a variety of Days Inns, Quality Inns, Hampton, Holiday Inn etc etc and know the standard of accommodation we should be able to expect. This Days Inn falls far short on every count !

As a previous reviewer noted, the non-smoking room reeked of stale smoke, probably because the carpet looked as though it had not been cleaned in years. It was filthy. The ceiling tiles in shower were loose; power sockets were hanging off the wall and the fascia of the alarm radio was also hanging off. The security bolt on the inside had clearly been forced off previously and screwed back on

As we had paid in advance we were reluctant to move. We put up with it for about an hour and then spotted the bug on the wall and crumbs on the chair and floor from the previous occupier, or maybe the one before that with the lack of cleaning here. We then moved to the Quality Inn next door which was far and away better. We would suggest you start there and cut out this experience all together.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else !
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank trapperj0hn
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Stayed there on my way to the beach last weekend. Rooms where really clean. Furniture was nice and modern. And a huge plus, for me atleast, was they had flat screen LCD tvs in each room! Didn't expect that from a Days Inn. Staff was nice and very accommodating, as my wife has some special needs.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank G35driver1977
Reviewed July 31, 2010

We have stayed in this hotel in the past on the way to the beach. This was our first time back in 5 years. The service was excellent and the clerk went out of her way to help with the 3 rooms we needed. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We were not looking for plush 5 star hotel or its price.
The breakfast however, was disappointing so don't expect much there. If you want a comfortable, friendly place to stay the night this is it!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We tried the Holiday Inn Express first, but they had only smoking rooms available. This Days Inn was right next door and they had non-smoking rooms! Had it not been 1 in the morning and had I not been traveling with my young children, I would have kept going! The carpet was NASTY, the beds were very much used, the pillows were AWEFUL and the fan in the bathroom was VERY loud, however upon further review, it might have been because of all the crap stuck to it, the fan had to work extra hard. I will make sure I either have reservations somewhere else when traveling through there, or just keep going next time. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Randy K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockingham
Americas Best Value Inn - Rockingham
#2 of 5 in Laurinburg
Hampton Inn Laurinburg
Hampton Inn Laurinburg
#1 of 5 in Laurinburg

Been to Days Inn Rockingham? Share your experiences!