“In the mood for sea food”
Review of The House of Fish - CLOSED

The House of Fish
Cuisines: Seafood
Rockingham, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“In the mood for sea food”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

i order a plate of spots and french fries and a salad. And it is very good. My husband does not eat fish so he gets an order of chicken n waffles. thay are great.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sandra M

“Good Fish”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Little strip mall restaurant that seems to be popular with the locals. We got plenty of sea food on our sea food plater. The Flounder was excellent as was the Scallops. The wait staff was very responsive and gave us more then we asked for. All the fish was deep fried which may not appeal to everyone or maybe you can ask that it be grilled. We had plenty to eat and the price was not bad. Would recommend this restaurant to those who want this type of meal.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Dnkcarlson
North Carolina
“Well worth finding”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

It took us awhile to find the House of Fish but I'm so glad we kept trying. The crab cake sandwich was fantastic -- juicy, big chunks of crab, light breading. So much better than the over breaded, over cooked crab cake sandwiches some pass off as food. And I think the sandwich with fries was less than $8. My husband got a daily special -- blackened tilapia -- and was served two fish, bone in, that were perfectly seasoned. The service was extremely friendly, even to my six year old who said the place "smelled bad," which meant that it smelled like fish. The server brought him a bowl of light, sweet and fresh hush puppies to make him happy. Then the owner refilled his lemonade. We don't get to Rockingham often but will definitely return to the house of fish.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank KristinS_9
Rockingham, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love those Crab Cakes”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Every time I go to Danny Hayes, House of Fish, I cannot seem to be able to order anything except the crab cakes. These are luscious crab cakes, full of crab tidbits with a slight tang. I always order sweet potato fries and H of F cole slaw which is finely grated and very creamy.. They're all good!.

• Visited November 2013
Clayton, NC
“Awesome little place for lunch”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I had the best salmon patties sincey Mother's. Danny, the owner, greeted us and is very personable. Others in my party had steak (very good) whiting fish (very very good ) and collard greens between corn bread pancakes (excellent). We also sampled their BBQ which was outstanding. Service was also excellent. If you're in Rockingham, stop in and try this place out.