“this place is the place for seafood”
Review of The House of Fish - CLOSED

The House of Fish
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Danny and his staff do a great job. if you want really good fresh seafood, this is the place, The food is cooked to order so if you go at a busy time be prepared to wait but trust me it is worth the wait. My wife loves the oysters, and crab legs. No little pieces of shrimp remnants sold here. The shrimp are some of the best i have tasted. CRAB LEGS ARE mmm good, you can't go wrong with tho place

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place is really unassuming from the front. When we walked in, I can't say I expected much. The staff and chef are really friendly and the menu gives some hints that the food isn't just the typical fishcamp fare. My family and I were sitting right next to the window the chef looks through from the kitchen and he made some suggestions. Having worked in restaurant management in the past, my wife generally follows the chefs recommendations, so we did. The crab cakes really are quite superb as mentioned in other reviews. I got the shrimp and grits which were unique compared to the zillion places that serve them around the south and also very good, though I probably will try something else next time. The hushpuppies are also a pleasant twist on the average pre-frozen staple elsewhere.

Ignore the decor. I don't go to a restaurant for classy tables and chairs. I've been to much fancier places and paid a lot more for much worse food. The food is what it is about, and this place is great.

3  Thank uncwalley
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We would have never seen this restaurant coming into town from the west but saw it onTA and decided to try it. I love crab cakes and order them regularly when we head to the southeast. These were amazing and full of tender crab. My husband had gray snapped and it was incredible. Their hush puppies are yummy and their coleslaw is not to be missed. The owner/cook and our server were delightful characters.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Food was just okay. Salad bar is average. We did not try the fish after we were seated and looked at the menu.

2  Thank Nancy K
Reviewed June 25, 2013

After reading the other reviews we planned our trip to include this stop. We were not disappointed! The food was amazing and everyone was the definition of southern hospitality. The crab cakes and fish special were the best seafood we have ever had. Make the trip!