“A small country excellent restaurant”
Review of Phillips Restaurant - CLOSED

Phillips Restaurant
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stumbled into Phillips a few years ago. I am not one to try a new restaurant. We mostly stick to some of the major well known restaurants when out of town but, didn't see anything in the area. All I can say is I don't know why anyone would give it a bad review. Each time we have visited, I tried something different. Never did I leave hungry or dissatisfied. The salad being small was the only thing I could say would not get a good score. Speaking of scores, I always look at a restaurants score card and they had a 95 last time I remember. Bottom line it is very clean with a wide variety to choose from. It is in my opinion not cheap, not overpriced, and recommended.

1  Thank David S

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Very average....Very mediorce.....Very uninspiring. The Chicken Fried Steak was commercially prepared. Sorry, but that doesn't cut if for me. The portions are also small. I will give them a plus for real mashed tatters!! My companions had some Tilapia and Catfish...Only one fillet each. Salads were nothing but iceberg. Come on guys, get some Romaine!!!

Would I return?? Only if I could walk.

O yeah, Robbinsville is in a dry county. So if you are heading there for the night, pick up your beverages before you hit the county line....Murphy, Bryson City, Andrews, etc......

Reviewed September 18, 2010

We spent several days vacationing in this area and found it populated with less-than-impressive dining establishments. Phillip's was the exception. Nice, log-lodge atmosphere, slightly upscale, decent food, presented well. I had a chicken caesar salad and my wife had their reuben--both met our expectations for the restaurant and far exceeded what we've come to expect from the town.

Reviewed August 26, 2009

My husband and ate at Philllps on 8-25-08 the food was great country food. My husband had their pot roast and I had meatloaf. Surprised to read the previous comments, but they apparently have their act together now! Service great and meal value was good!

Reviewed September 10, 2008

Thought I'd give this place another shot to see if it had improved any from the re-opening week. The answer is NO it hasn't.
The portions of food served are terrible compared to the prices. I had a "dinner salad" that consisted of the following: a handful of lettuce, 1 tomato wedge, 2 cucumber slices and 4 shoestrings of red onion. That's pretty bad when you can literally count the exact number of pieces in your salad. My entree was country fried steak and mashed potatos with a corn muffin. The steak could fit in the palm of my hand, the muffin was so dried out you knock over a building with it. The only good thing about the meal was that the potatos were real. Our server definately needed some serious help in the customer relations department. The hostess was very nice. This dining experience only cost me about $11.00!
I could have been better satisfied with a Happy meal at McD's. Oh well, live and learn.
If you decide to go here, go on a full stomach and a full wallet.

2  Thank flatbroke61