What a pleasant and unexpected surprise! We came to Robbinsville to drive the Dragon with our Mini with a group. Most folks stayed at Fontana, but we were extremely happy to be here. Still within 10/15 minutes to Deal Gap. This was a gorgeous location on the Cheoah River. We stayed in the Rhododendron Suite on the third floor with a huge sitting, couch, chairs and desk, 3 windows on 3 walls and plenty of view. One view of the River. The bedroom was large and separate, and the bathroom was huge with a jacuzzi tub, separate shower, and sink. Nice amenities. You will feel pampered and relaxed. There is plenty to do on grounds, with hikes, sitting on a swing and viewing the river, old-style movies, washing and detailing your ride, corn hole game. There is a beautiful lounge with Vince taking care of you. On top of all that your breakfast and dinner is included with 4 course gourmet meal. Following an amuse, you will receive soup, salad and main course. I had trout one evening, and filet mignon the second -- the chef is top-knotch and creative with arrangements and sides. If you have room for desert it is decadent as well. Everyone who works here is friendly and will bend over backwards to make you feel pampered. Coffee and tea is available in the lobby with homemade cookies in the afternoon. During the day, plenty of treats and fruit is available as well. The dinners are served in Jasper's restaurant upstairs and the breakfast is served downstairs with the view out back of the River. On nice days you can eat breakfast outside and enjoy the surroundings. The breakfast is generous with a serving line of food, or made to order eggs. The owner/host Ronnie makes a point to meet his guests and treat them like family. Enjoy!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the banks of the world famous Cheoah River, the Historic Tapoco Lodge is home to 7 lodge rooms, 2 lodge suites, and 18 guest cabin rooms. With miles of private hiking trails, nightly campfires, and an onsite movie theater, you won't soon wish to leave. Our in-house Tapoco Tavern combines the very best of classic pizzeria and all American flavors with a riverside view and environment unmatched in all of Western Carolina. Order up a brick oven pizza for the family or indulge in the house favorite, "The Dam Drink" from our full-service bar. From steaks, burgers, salads, hummus, and local Carolina Mountain trout, there's something for everyone. Come explore Western Carolina and relax with us at the Historic Tapoco Lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Tapoco Hotel Robbinsville
- Tapoco Hotel Robbinsville