If you want to get away from everything, this is your place. Much like at the Yellowstone Inn, you'll find no TV, no wi-fi in the rooms, no phone...no option but to chill out! Lots of quiet here, except for the sound of falling water in the nearby creek/river. Bring your camera...you'll need it for the scenery nearby in Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest, the gorgeous Cherohala Parkway, and Lake Santeetlah. Bring a board game or two to play in the central lobby next to the antique auto. Bring your appetite, too...the five-course dinner each night comes with a huge entree, so be sure to ask for a smaller portion if you're watching your waistline (I did and still managed to gain two pounds in two days). Consider yourself blessed if they offer the chocolate creme brulee while you're there. Breakfast is also belt-breaking, so you don't really need lunch...but the kitchen staff can make a boxed lunch for you a la carte. Spend a few minutes in the cute gift shop, too. Owner Ronnie and all staff--who multi-task as desk clerks, meal servers, hosts--are exceedingly nice. Would love to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the banks of the world famous Cheoah River, the newly renovated Historic Tapoco Lodge is home to 7 lodge rooms, 2 lodge suites, and 18 guest cabin rooms. With miles of private hiking trails, nightly campfires, and an onsite movie theater, you won't soon wish to leave. Our in-house Tapoco Tavern combines the very best of a classic brick oven pizzeria and all American tavern dining with full-service bar, riverside dining and environment unmatched in all of Western Carolina. Order up a brick oven pizza for the family or indulge in the house favorite, "The Dam Drink" from our full-service bar. From steaks, burgers, salads, hummus, and local Carolina Mountain trout, there's something for everyone. Come explore Western Carolina and relax with us riverside at the Historic Tapoco Lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Tapoco Hotel Robbinsville
- Tapoco Hotel Robbinsville