My wife and I have stayed in the Robbinsville area many times over the years, but this was our first visit to the Historic Tapoco Lodge. It won’t be our last visit. The place is amazing on all dimensions.
1. The people. The owners, Ronnie and Teri, are down-to-earth, friendly, more helpful than it is possible to imagine, and a pleasure to chat with. The general manager, Karen, is a bundle of energy and seems to be everywhere doing what needs to be done to make the place run smoothly. All of the staff were superb.
2. The food. Ann does a marvelous job of making breakfast to order for the guests. Eggs, omelets (including a great vegetable omelet), bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, juice, French toast, and various specials. Dinner in the Jasper’s restaurant was excellent all three nights that we ate there. The chef served excellent staples such as filet mignon and trout, but also had specials (e.g., a superb braised short ribs with red cabbage and mashed potatoes). The side vegetables were well-prepared and very tasty. The “amuse bouches” and the soups and salads were first-rate. Best of all the portions were large. We never had room for dessert. I should mention that I am lactose-intolerant. They handled it superbly and came up with delicious alternatives whenever necessary.
3. The drinks. There is a small bar that is very comfortable and that has an excellent selection of bourbons, scotches, and other liquor. There are three micro-brewed beers on tap. The wine list is small, but well chosen and at a good price point.
4. The place. It is immaculate. The housekeeping staff keep the place sparkling clean. The bed is very comfortable, and is well appointed with good linens. The towels were also very nice. There are lots of comfortable places to be in the Lodge itself, including a patio overlooking the river as well as a firepit that is lit each night. We stayed in the Rhododendron Suite and were quite happy with our choice. We looked at some of the other rooms—they also looked very nice.
5. The activities: There are hiking trails on the property and others nearby in the Smokies. There are lakes nearby as well. We hiked a lot, but also took an afternoon guided kayak tour on Lake Santeetlah with Karen. It was a wonderful experience.
In short, everyone was extremely helpful and accommodating. The Historic Tapoco Lodge is a great choice and should be the first choice for anyone staying in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Tapoco Lodge is proud to offer a non-smoking atmosphere to guests seeking a lodge that’s anything but ordinary! We offer cabins or Lodge rooms with beautiful views of the rushing Cheoah River as well as suites with Jacuzzi garden tubs and full living rooms for your relaxation. The grounds have been meticulously restored to reflect the grandeur of the 1930's and our staff has been hand picked to give you the best of everything! From our gourmet five course dinners, our famous made to order breakfast to outstanding guest services Tapoco has become the highlight of the mountains. Each bundled package includes a five course dinner created by Executive Chef Alex Henry, a Culinary Institute of American graduate, as well as a full breakfast from our breakfast Chef Will Collins. We don't have a menu for breakfast; he will create whatever you like! After you've been delighted by your dinner we welcome you to relax by one of our stone fire pits or take a walk up to the beautiful Bear Creek Falls. Tapoco is also offering Adventure Day trips which can be booked up to 24 hours prior. These half and full day trips include Guided Lake Kayaking on one of three different lakes, Guided Hiking, Fly Fishing Expeditions and an afternoon Pontoon Boat and History Tour of Lake Santeetlah. The season begins with the addition of the Tapoco Tin Theater which was renovated over the winter and is now available for guest booking for weddings, seminars, team building sessions, and most anything you can imagine. The building is nothing short of incredible. Come join us for an experience you'll never forget at Historic Tapoco Lodge! For the safety, privacy and security of our guests, Tapoco Lodge has instituted a no walk-in policy and the property is dedicated for the exclusive use of our "Registered Guests." Advanced arrangements can be made for limited tours of the property on non-operating days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Tapoco Hotel Robbinsville
- Tapoco Hotel Robbinsville