“impressive in everyway”

Olde Beau Resort and Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Olde Beau Resort & Golf Club located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains is a semi-private resort and club. There are a number of vacation rental units from Studio Villas to 4-Bedroom cottages and the 72-Par golf course is open to the public. Olde Beau is located in Roaring Gap, NC halfway between Sparta and Elkin and is easily accessed from I-77 or the Blue Ridge Parkway. Overnight guests on the property are invited to dine in our beautiful Clubhouse. The staff at Olde Beau specialize in group functions including weddings, corporate retreats and family reunions for whatever your size group from 2 to 300.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Olde Beau is a very interesting mountain course with dramatic changes in elevation and scenery and is quite challenging.Views are great, course is well maintained. Pack your lunch for the back nine the fun starts at number 10.

1  Thank CuriousTraveler3

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I visited Olde Beau 6 years ago, just as the leaves were starting to change, on a perfectly clear, crisp October day, with not a cloud in the sky. I brought my camera, not knowing what to expect, and came away amazed. Someone put a golf course where an incomparable view of the mountains in the distance from the tee on #14 take your breath away. Beyond the vistas, the golf course was in superb shape, and I still have vivid memories of my day at Olde Beau. It's something every golfer should see at least once.

4  Thank Murl G
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Recently played a round here and was very impressed. The elevation changes lend themselves to some fantastic views! The price is right and I would recommend to any and all levels of experience.

4  Thank Tripp S
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This review will be short & sweet: The Cedar Retreat could not have met our needs any better.

The Cedar Retreat is a nice small house with three bedrooms and three baths. We needed one overnight spot with two families and this was ideal. We cooked dinner in the fullsize kitchen, slept very well in the comfy beds, and headed on our way the next day.

We did not play golf or dine in the clubhouse, but both looked nice, though inactive when we were there.

Cost was $280/night or $140 per family. Very reasonable for a true house with a garage. Cable TV, dvd, x-box, all that stuff, though we did not use it. Free wi-fi, which worked very well. We played games at the dining table and had a nice mountain retreat for about 18 hours.

You can buy the whole house for $259.000, which is probably reasonable-ish. Of course, if you just pass through every now and then as we do, then you can stay a lot of single nights for not too much.

Quiet, clean, well-furnished: this is a nice place to stay in Roaring Gap, NC.

4  Thank TravelingPirates
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Played Olde Beau today with my seniors group. What a wonderful course very hilly with fabulous scenic views. Greens were flawless and putted true. As good as I have played this year. Overall course was in pristine condition. I will be returning to play there. For price we paid it merits 5 stars.

5  Thank rfenton231