“Beware of Bedbugs!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Beware of Bedbugs!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed at this location for business on Monday, June 3 2013. Assigned to a room on the 4th floor, I checked the underside of the mattress and behind the headboard. I found definite evidence of bedbug infestation (black fecal stains embedded in the fabric and wood). I went to the front desk, told them the room had bedbugs, and wanted a different room. The desk clerk said to a maintenance guy "We got bugs" - - I told him that it was not "bugs" but "Bedbugs".

I was given room 200, an "upgrade" ... could not find evidence inspecting the mattress & headboard. When I woke up the next morning, I had about a dozen bites in a row on my arm.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank JayKay1818
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to do a review of our hotel on trip advisor. Guest feedback is very important to us and we greatly appreciate your comments. Our rooms are checked on a daily basis, and no evidence of bed bugs were found. Again, we appreciate your feedback. We love having you here and hope we get the chance again to serve your lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
york, pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Why the heck would anyone sleep naked in a hotel room is beyond me! I want to personally warn you that the Hampton Inn's Daily Special: Clean bed, OMG TBISC!!!!! In the elevators is a joke! Duvets and sheets laundered fresh. HA!!!! This hotel was terrible hence the rating. The hallways on the first floor smelled horrible.Every thing was very dingy. We went to our room to do the normal hotel check.You know the one where you leave everything out side, go into the room, remove sheets to check mattresses or whatever it is that you do? I was looking around and noticed what looked like dripping wax on the picture frame, and the headboard. Pretty gross looking stuff!! Went in the bathroom, that was filthy!!! Finally I pulled the sheets down and almost had a coronary. This sticky waxy stuff was all over the bed too!!!!! Someone must have been watching the pay per view channels! I called down stairs and told the young lady at the desk about this and she was very helpful and changed rooms for us! I will say that our new room was clean but the ordeal just ruined me. Please if driving 95 n or s and prefer Hampton Inns stay in Selma N.C. Much nicer facility, But I would still not sleep naked!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to do a review of our hotel on trip advisor. Guest feedback is very important to us and we are deeply sorry for your experience at our hotel. We want our guest to be met with a clean and comfortable room. We are so sorry that this did not happen during your stay with us. Your comments have been shared with our entire team. We love having you here and certainly hope we get to chance to serve your lodging needs again to display our Hamptonality.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have always had good experiences with Hampton Inns. I like the fact they are always clean and the hot breakfast is a plus. And in particular for this location, when I forgot my earrings they found them and mailed them to me. Great customer service!

• Stayed May 2013
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to do a review on trip advisor of your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is very important and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope we get the chance to serve your lodging needs again. Have a great week.
Laurel, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have stayed here before and I would definately stay here again. I used to use anothe hotel in this area and this one, by far, is better in quality. The suite was a little pricy, but well worth it. One of my best hotel experiences.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to do a review of your stay at our hotel on Trip Advisor. You feedback is very important to us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We love having you here and look foward to serving your lodging needs again.
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

After staying at a Hampton Inn the night before, we decided to stay here on our ride home from Florida. Glad we did, Nicely decorated, clean room, free wifi, comfy bed, welcoming staff, good breakfast. What more could you want from a hotel conveniently located off I-95? Lobby and breakfast area well maintained. A very nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alexischristine
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey concerning your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is very important to us and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We love having you here and hope we get to serve your lodging needs again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

In Roanoke Rapids for Stripers and selected the Hampton for its quality. This property well represents the Hilton Brand. Well pleased in all respects and look forward to another stay at that location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to do a review on our hotel. Guest feedback is very important to us and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We have shared your comments with our team during our huddle. We love having you here and hope we get to serve your lodging needs again.
N. Ft Myers
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Convenient to I 95 as we traveled North from Florida. Clean comfortable bed, friendly, helpful staff. Good breakfast. Needs some housekeeping attention in the bathroom with some heavy duty cleaning. Nice having coffee set-up and cookies at arrival...a nice touch.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to do a review on trip advisor. Your comments are very important to us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, but deeply apologize for the bathroom. Your comments have been shared in our team huddle as a way to be better for our guests. We love having you here and hope we get to serve your lodging needs again. Have a great day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke Rapids
#1 of 12 in Emporia
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
#7 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!