“Disappointing experience!”

Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I made a reservation and received a "confirmation" number from Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids in North Carolina for a "Room Type: 1KING STUDY SOFABED NOSMOK". Confirmed!! When I arrived I was told "sorry, all king size beds are booked". I said, "I know, one is booked by me". I was then told, "none are available", a classic bait-and-switch tactic. Then, when I came into the room on the sixth floor, my "free wireless Internet" connection had a weak signal of one bar and kept fading in and out due to the very weak signal. Lastly, the shower head, forget having a "pulsating" shower, it did not work! I am only giving two stars because the room was clean and the shower had hot water.

Room Tip: Lower floors have stronger wireless Internet connection.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Phil C
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for doing a review on trip advisor. Guest feedback is very important to us, and we greatly appreciate your comments. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience you experienced doing your stay with us. Your comments have been shared with our team as a training tools on ways to better serve our guests, including our reservations. We love having you here and hope we get the chance to serve your lodging needs again. Have a great day.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped just for an overnight at this Hampton Inn. It is an easy on and off I-95 just about 8 mines south of the Virginia-North Carolina border. General appearance of the hotel was clean and orderly. Room was clean and comfortable. I was afraid that the proximity to the Interstate might produce too much noise but, in fact, the room was quiet. Breakfast buffet was very good and the staff was very friendly and attentive. I had to move my room because the first room had a shower only and my wife wished to take a bath. We were put quickly in the room right next door with a minimum of effort. You can walk to a Cracker Barrel restaurant which is in an adjoining building.Overall: good stay, clean room, friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jinx46
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel on trip advisor. Guest feedback is so important and we appreciate your comments. We hope we get to serve your lodging needs again. Have a great day.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is clean and easy to get too from interstate 95. Will choose again if in the area.I think Hampton Inn are a good choice while traveling.Nothing else to say.200 characters is too long..Nothing else to say.200 characters is too long..Nothing else to say.200 characters is too long.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hrstuts
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for doing a review on trip advisor of our hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We love having you here and hope we get to see you again.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Bed and linens were comfortable and updated. Bathroom was clean. Tv was flat screen. Furniture was very old, crappy and wobbly. Free breakfast was ok. I've had terrific free breakfasst at other Hampton Inn locations so i was a bit disappointed in the crumbled eggs and funny tasting sausage. So I went on to try the Oatmeal- yuck!- totally overcooked and disgusting. Settled for prepackaged name brand yogurt. My 21 year old daughter was happy with her freshly made waffle though.

Room Tip: There are a lot of hotels in this area. I chose this one because i am a member of the Hilton Honors...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeepgirl0430

Thank you for doing a review of our hotel on trip advisor. We appreciate your feedback. We deeply apologize for the breakfast and the furniture in the room. We look forward to serving your lodging needs again.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

this is probably one of the best accessible rooms I've stayed in. First of all, it was HUGE. Lots and lots of floor space, very large bathroom, nice workstation and plenty of room around the beds. Also, this hotel still uses bed frames that use actual legs and not bed boards, which is a big bonus for me. I travel with a hydraulic lift that needs to go underneath a bed in order for me to get in and out of bed. More and more hotels these days are beginning to use bed boards that go all the way to the floor all the way around the bed. I understand that this is to save on cleaning costs since, that way they don't need to clean underneath the bed. But it also makes it impossible for anyone needing assistance in and out of bed, unless you travel around with wooden blocks to prop up a bed, which we do.

However, as I said, this hotel still uses proper bed legs in their handicapped rooms, so big kudos to the management of this property!

Also, I read elsewhere that the accessible room was "very noisy". This wasn't my experience at all, and we stayed on a Friday night. The room was very quiet even though the hotel was fairly busy and I got a great night sleep. This will definitely be a stopping point for me if I travel down south along the East Coast again.

Also, as a side note, even though this property is not listed as having a hotel, directly across the parking lot is a Cracker Barrel which is in easy walking/rolling distance.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Blaslo
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you so much for doing a review on trip advisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we get the pleasure of serving your lodging needs again. It was such an honor to have you as our guest.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our family felt the Hamptonality at this hotel. Not only is the staff amazing, their attitude was amazing too! Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Also, the elevators are very fast!! I was having a awesome conversation with the front desk! They even let me help with some chores. Overall a fantastic hotel. :-)

Room Tip: "Suites are clean" "Try to be on the side away from I-95
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for doing a review of our hotel on trip advisor. We appreciate your comments and are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We love having you here and hope we get to display the "Hamptonality" again. :)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

we had great fun with associates at breakfast. good place to stay. They help me with personal items I forgot. great staff . I have stayed at other hotels and believe me Hampton Inn is the best one. I will stay there again on my way back home.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for doing a review of our hotel on trip advisor. It was awesome to see all of you on vacation:):). We love having you here and hope we get to serve your lodging needs again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
#6 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!