“Excellent choice”

Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is clean and easy to get too from interstate 95. Will choose again if in the area.I think Hampton Inn are a good choice while traveling.Nothing else to say.200 characters is too long..Nothing else to say.200 characters is too long..Nothing else to say.200 characters is too long.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hrstuts
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for doing a review on trip advisor of our hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We love having you here and hope we get to see you again.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Bed and linens were comfortable and updated. Bathroom was clean. Tv was flat screen. Furniture was very old, crappy and wobbly. Free breakfast was ok. I've had terrific free breakfasst at other Hampton Inn locations so i was a bit disappointed in the crumbled eggs and funny tasting sausage. So I went on to try the Oatmeal- yuck!- totally overcooked and disgusting. Settled for prepackaged name brand yogurt. My 21 year old daughter was happy with her freshly made waffle though.

Room Tip: There are a lot of hotels in this area. I chose this one because i am a member of the Hilton Honors...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeepgirl0430

Thank you for doing a review of our hotel on trip advisor. We appreciate your feedback. We deeply apologize for the breakfast and the furniture in the room. We look forward to serving your lodging needs again.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

this is probably one of the best accessible rooms I've stayed in. First of all, it was HUGE. Lots and lots of floor space, very large bathroom, nice workstation and plenty of room around the beds. Also, this hotel still uses bed frames that use actual legs and not bed boards, which is a big bonus for me. I travel with a hydraulic lift that needs to go underneath a bed in order for me to get in and out of bed. More and more hotels these days are beginning to use bed boards that go all the way to the floor all the way around the bed. I understand that this is to save on cleaning costs since, that way they don't need to clean underneath the bed. But it also makes it impossible for anyone needing assistance in and out of bed, unless you travel around with wooden blocks to prop up a bed, which we do.

However, as I said, this hotel still uses proper bed legs in their handicapped rooms, so big kudos to the management of this property!

Also, I read elsewhere that the accessible room was "very noisy". This wasn't my experience at all, and we stayed on a Friday night. The room was very quiet even though the hotel was fairly busy and I got a great night sleep. This will definitely be a stopping point for me if I travel down south along the East Coast again.

Also, as a side note, even though this property is not listed as having a hotel, directly across the parking lot is a Cracker Barrel which is in easy walking/rolling distance.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Blaslo
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you so much for doing a review on trip advisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we get the pleasure of serving your lodging needs again. It was such an honor to have you as our guest.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our family felt the Hamptonality at this hotel. Not only is the staff amazing, their attitude was amazing too! Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Also, the elevators are very fast!! I was having a awesome conversation with the front desk! They even let me help with some chores. Overall a fantastic hotel. :-)

Room Tip: "Suites are clean" "Try to be on the side away from I-95
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for doing a review of our hotel on trip advisor. We appreciate your comments and are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We love having you here and hope we get to display the "Hamptonality" again. :)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

we had great fun with associates at breakfast. good place to stay. They help me with personal items I forgot. great staff . I have stayed at other hotels and believe me Hampton Inn is the best one. I will stay there again on my way back home.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for doing a review of our hotel on trip advisor. It was awesome to see all of you on vacation:):). We love having you here and hope we get to serve your lodging needs again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hotel was nice and clean, service was great. I had an accesible room and it was incredibly noisy, the finishing work around the door was poor , accesible rooms are always located close to the elavator (as they should be) but the traffic is continuous late in the night and early in the morning, so a room that is not tight for noise makes for a poor nights sleep.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you so much for doing a review on trip advisor. We greatly appreciate your comments. We deeply apologize for the noise level you experienced. We value your feedback and look forward to serving your lodging needs again.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times on business. Easy on and off of I-95.This is the one I usually choose when in the area. There are many more to choose from but this one is the best for the money. It is always clean and well taken care of. The staff are wonderful and willing to help whenever needed. Check in and out was speedy and painless. They always have fresh popped corn each evening a good treat, also have cookies. There are plenty of places to eat at close by also. The only issue I had was the hot water on the 5th floor would start to cool off before I could finish my shower. It wolud not get cold, but you could notice a temperature change. I try to stay on the upper floors for the quietness. I will stay here again and recommend this place to anyone going this way.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side away from the highway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick B
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to do a review on trip advisor. Your feedback is very important to us and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon. It was a pleasure serving your lodging needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke Rapids
Quality Inn Roanoke Rapids
#3 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Emporia, VA
Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!