“Clean, pleasant staff”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
New York, NY
“Clean, pleasant staff”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Stayed overnight, located right off of I95. Staff pleasant, room clean. Parking lot well lit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Massachusetts
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I really feel bad about submitting this review.

The staff of this hotel were as good as any hotel I have stayed in,pleasant and attentive.
The room was clean and beds comfortable.
The breakfast offerings were also excellent.

The issue(s) - being woken up at 4 in the morning by train whistles and rumbling of train cars :(
We had turned off our air conditioner during the night which was probably a wise thing. Since upon entering the hallway outside the room the next morning the smell of the paper mill was permeating the 6th floor.

We really like the staff, however will chose another location the next time. We really needed our sleep and the air quality was not something I want to deal with.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pmac2
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Roanoke Rapids is a community of about 16,500 people. It is convenient to I95 and seemed like a great stop over on a Friday evening our way to Florida. The Hampton Inn was fine. Good value for the price. Comfortable and quiet. Excellent breakfast included. Room was roomy and clean, with the exception of the slight stickiness of the tiled bathroom and foyer floors, which being a clean freak, I quickly wiped down with a hand towel. (I'm over the top, but it eliminated the problem.) All would have been fine HOWEVER the odor from the paper mill was enough to make us gag. We noticed it when we were about a mile or two north of RR and were thinking we'd drive out of it. Not so. The smell seemed to lessen when we entered our room, but when we turned on the AC the odor was evident. Surprisingly, either we got used to it by the next morning. Was the wind blowing in the opposite direction, or was the paper mill inactive on Saturday? No matter, if you are sensitive to air quality, you'll probably want to stay away from Roanoke Rapids at least during the week, or check the wind direction.

Room Tip: We called ahead and asked for the best price along with quiet location, non-smoking. We were on the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JanMeyers
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Guest feedback is very important and we appreciate your comments. We do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us concering the bathroom and papermill. We have discussed this situation with housekeeping and the rest of the staff on the bathroom, and we are discussing how we can handle the papermill situation better. We love having you here and hope to serve your lodging needs again in the future.
Hernando, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The hotel is easy to find off I-95 & is located near a lot of restaurants within easy walking distance. The hotel staff is very friendly. The room was quiet & the bed was extremely comfortable. The negative is the breakfast - it is only O.K.

VA
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed here Labor Day weekend for an Annual Family reunion. I'd stayed here last year and thought it appropriate to do so again. This time I travelled with my fiance' and my son. The staff was still very friendly and very helpful. The food was still good and I enjoyed the hot waffles--as did my son.

I ungraded to a King this time with the pullout sofa bed for my son. The King has a refrigerator and microwave in the room. I used both with no problems.

All in all, it is still a great hotel and I still recommend it for your needs.

Pros: Love the free wi-fi. It was so needed.
Con: Hotel prices on the holiday are SO expensive.

1 Thank johnstonsm
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

On the evening of Saturday August 27th my family was traveling home after spending a week in Myrtle Beach. As you know Irene hit the east coast Friday night into Saturday. We were traveling on Interstate 95 when conditions started to become increasingly bad. Trees were down on the highway and it was quickly starting to concern my husband and I. So around 7 pm our family decided to try to find a place to stay for the evening. All nearby hotels were booked and we had no place to stay for the night. We came upon the Hampton Inn. I asked the hotel manager on duty if we could rest in the lobby for a while. She without hesitation said yes. The hotel had a generator enabling lights, coffee, and a TV. Heaven in this situation! The staff did their absolute best to keep everyone comfortable. They offered ice cream, muffins, cereal bars and water since most hadn’t had dinner due to the power outage. Every staff member from maintenance to management went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and safe. Lighting was put in place around the lobby and in the restrooms. They were really on top of the situation.

After a few hours we decided to go to our car to sleep. The hotel manager offered comforters and a place on the floor in the conference room so my children didn’t have to spend the night in the car. We were most grateful and took her up on the offer.

In the morning, the entire staff from the night before was still at the hotel. They had a continental breakfast ready and waiting for their guests. And even though they had a most stressful night they were all still so pleasant and helpful. The staff at the Hampton Inn Roanaoke Rapids, NC were truly our angels for the night.

4 Thank eandjsmom0504
West Islip, New York
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My family stayed here on a trip from NY to Charleston. The hotel is convenient to I-95. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. (We had three rooms in total). Early morning breakfast was enjoyable with many choices. I would recommend this hotel for a quick stopover or a longer stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Emporia
Hampton Inn Emporia
#1 of 12 in Emporia
Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!