“Don't forget about me”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Don't forget about me”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The one thing about getting breakfeast at hilton garden inn hotels is they won't "let you" get the hot items. You are supposed to order with the "waitresses" on staff. Stayed here for a few days while visiting friends at the lake. It was over the July 4 holiday. Beds were comfy, room was very nice, staff was very friendly. Had the same waitress on thursday and friday for breakfeast. She was extremely friendly, got our french toast and omelet served up fast. Enjoyed casual conversation a couple times. However on Saturday the wait staff were not helpful. Took our orders, we waited and watched the, deliver items to other tables. After half an hour never came back to us, so we left. On the way out she scurried over to us and said "i don't want you to think we forgot about you, i hope you enjoyed your breakfeast" and then she kind of stood there as to be saying "tip please!"... We reminded her she never actually got our breakfeast and she just stood there dumfounded. I hate to complain, but that was too much. Also the elevator seemed to be broken, only 1 would run at a time. I would probably stay here again, the "bad" stuff were only minor inconveniences. Hotel is nice and in a good location. You arent going there for the fine dining experience so its ok in my book.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LHowlett33, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your review after your recent stay. I appreciate your feedback as it helps us to know where we have challenges that need to be addressed. I have shared your feedback with our F&B Manager who will be following up on this with her associates. I apologize you had this experience while a guest of ours - it is unacceptable and not the norm. I hope we are able to serve you again on your next visit to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We needed a place to stay as we traveled north on I-95 on a Sunday. Found this place online as a halfway point and booked it the day of our stay - only 9 hours before our arrival. Good location as it is easy to get on and off the highway.

No problems throughout the stay - checking in, getting to our room, coffee and paper in AM (lobby) and checking out. Pool is open 24 hours, but we never heard a thing. We got 2 queen beds - which was needed for two adults and two teenagers.

All in all a good stay.

Only downside, not much around this site so we traveled down the highway awhile before stopping for breakfast. Couldn't bear to pay their prices at the Hilton.

Hackettstown, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This Hilton is not up to the usual Hilton standards. Rooms are average, front desk staff is very slow and inattentive. The room's heating and cooling system leaves much to be desired and the food is Horrible. Not worth the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

LHowlett33, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We value all feedback as it helps us to know where we are doing well and where we have challenges. I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. This is not typical and I can assure you, we will be addressing this immediately. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel to discuss in further detail. Because this is not typical, I hope that you will give us a chance in the future to gain back your trust!
Annapolis
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We nearly always stop here traveling from FL to MD. Easy on and off of I95. Clean and friendly hotel. Super comfortable beds and we especially like the 24-hour pool and hot tub. The past few times we've also eaten at the on-site restaurant and have had an enjoyable meal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank 785caroln
tewksbury. nj.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

having stayed here many times in the past we were anxious to see if they have improved their service. we were off to a bad start when we were asked twice to call back to make a reservation.they had too many people checking in . when we arrived saturday night had a good check in and the room was spacious. the room was very spacious and couldnt be cleaner. after driving all day I dont want to get back in my car and drive to dinner. the room service for club sandwiches and burgers with fries was fine for us. room had a small fridge and held our heinekens perfectly. will be stopping here again soon. dont tell them my big newfoundland layed on the bed. frank

Room Tip: dark room. as a frequent traveler I always had a couple of small nightlights with ne.
1 Thank bifrank13g
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for a brief overnight as we passed through as we headed back home to Montreal. The price was reasonable, especially for a Hilton, we paid $116 plus tax. I had to wait over 20 minutes just for a receptionist to acknowledge me, and there were 2 of them. They looked bored and rolled their eyes as they spoke to guests on the phone. There was a gentleman who worked in the morning and he was awesome, but had it not been that we were so exhausted and did not feel like searching for another hotel, at first impression, we would have left.
Beds were really comfy, bathroom was also very clean and we slept like babies until we had to get up at 5:00 and head home. Git the job done, was just expecting better customer service after having worked in the hotel industry myself.

Room Tip: Good clean place to rest.
1 Thank Mary V
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. As you can hopefully tell by our reviews, this is not at all typical. I apologize that you had this experience with us and would really appreciate if you would contact me so that I can get more details in order to address this. I hope that you will give us another chance to gain back your trust during future travels through our area.
Philadelphia
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived the room reservation was not correct but the staff quickly were able to make changes and get us exactly the rooms required on a night they were sold out. I think this hotel is getting sold out by all the good reviews because there is nothing at the exit. It was great to have a pool open when we got there at night and a small bar to have a drink after a day of driving. The rooms were clean and we requested a pack/play and they delivered it in about 15 minutes. Everyone there was great and I would definitely use this hotel again when traveling south and on 95.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
#7 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids
Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!