“Great stay off I95”

Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Clean, easy location off I95 and pet friendly! $25 pet fee for unlimited pets. I stayed here with 3 dogs and had a pleasant hassel free stay. Room was huge and clean. Besides the carpet being alittle dated this was a gem of a find off I95 en route ny to florida

• Stayed: January 2013
David H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments. It is always a pleasure to have the whole family (including the fury ones) stay and enjoy it. We look forward to your return and again thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great hotel! This was my 3rd stay here. I stop here because it a nice, clean, quiet hotel right off I-95. Plus its dog friendly and clean! The room are big and the beds are comfortable. I will always try to stop here when I travel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
David H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank You so much for the wonderful comments concerning our Hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear such good things that our guest have to say about us. Thank you again and we cant wait to have you back here with us.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I travel a lot for work and stay at Hilton Garden Inn Hotels on a regular basis. We stayed one night at this Hilton Garden on our family drive from Tampa to New York. We did not arrive until very late at 2am, but was still warmly greeted by the staff. The room was clean and what I normally expect from a Hilton Garden. We were given an extra large room which was great for a family of five. It is conveniently located off of I-95. When I drove into the lot at 2am it was nice to see a hotel staff making the rounds in the parking lot. I also saw a sheriff's patrol car making the rounds, which made us feel safe leaving all our things in the lot. There were other people with more valuables like boats and trailers in the lot also.

The only gripe I had was regarding the coffee. The urn was empty by the time I got around to getting my cup, so I had to settle for decaf. The decaf was watered down and for the most part flavorless. My wife was able to get a cup of the regular coffee before they ran out and it too was watered down and no flavor.

All in all, I recommend staying at this hotel, but make a cup of coffee in your room or hit a Starbucks on the next exit north.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Seemed like a new hotel. GREAT PLACE. Nothing nearby but dining and shopping was just a street up. Great staff and facilities. Meeting rooms, pools, plenty of parking. PETS WELCOMED too.
It's just a few minutes (Can see) I-95, easy on, easy off the highway and you're back on the road.

Room Tip: They're all good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank plcarty
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Right off I-95 exit 171 its big, clean, spotless room, had 2 queen beds, there are no king beds. The beds are very comfortable and the bedding nice and soft and new. Our room had a flat screen big screen tv that was HD. Indoor pool is open 24 hours which was great. The parking lot was well lit and a even patrolled by a security guard so we felt comfortable leaving all our belongings in the car with no problem. The front desk is very nice and helpful, they have a bar, cafe, room service, and 24 hour food shop. The price was $88 than I got $10 off with AAA so after taxes it came to $88 still. The price was fair for what it was. If you are in the area and need some shut eye I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Very nice hotel. Rooms were clean and not cramped. Got there late yhe restaurant was closed so we opted to get something from the pantry cost us 14.50 for two personal digorno pizza's and a guiness beer. Prices are a little steep on pantry items and should be listed so people are not shocked when you hear your total. Other than that we really enjoyed our stay. Staff was all very nice and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I love the Hilton Garden Inn hotels. My room was awesome, clean and most of all comfortable. I slept like a baby. I would stay again and again. The food was excellent and the cookies were great. You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Emporia, VA
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
#6 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!