“A unique and excellent dining experience for a very reasonable price”
Review of The 1020 Restaurant & Pub - CLOSED

The 1020 Restaurant & Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
“A unique and excellent dining experience for a very reasonable price”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I have eaten at the 1020 many times, for both lunch (get the tomato pie!) and supper (fantastic prime rib!). Sometimes dropping in on the spur of the moment in jeans, other times dressed for an elegant evening, this restaurant provides a variety of experiences. Monthly there is a supper club - that is dress-up night - with a fine singer and 5 course meal for a super reasonable price. They also have a pub room lined with mahogany where you can stop in for snacks and a drink. The food does not fit any one pattern of cuisine, but includes the best of good food in an elegantly casual environment.This is a small restaurant with a very stable professional staff, owned by a quartet of people who are family and who also do most of the cooking., It can easily become the place where they know your name but with a touch of class. In good weather they also have sidewalk seating, fun downtown in this small town.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank NancyM2012

roanoke rapids
“THE place to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

There is no doubt. This is the ONLY place to dine in RR. The food is incredible. The service is better than that. Why would anyone go anywhere else? Forget david's!!! Walk across the street. You'll never go back!!!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank perkinsons
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
“Supper Club is a Sensational”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

. It is a beautiful place but not stuffy in any sense. And the staff is awesome.

The owners decided to start a monthly supper club. A man named Steve, a baritone of incredible talent, performs every Friday night and also at the supper clubs. 1020 is a FB friend of ours so we know what is coming up. When they announced that March 3 would be a 6-course meal with a choice of rack of lamb or chicken cordon bleu, I was instantly attracted. This opportunity struck me as a great way to let my husband take me out in public so we made reservations. Mary had a little lamb and we were going to eat him!

We didn't know what to expect but the dinner was sold out. The restaurant is small. The evening started with wine and light hor deurves. Steve was singing and the place is filling up rapidly. People came up to us to introduce themselves or to say "hi" to Butch and meet me. One of the first people to pull me into a conversation, an outgoing and delightful lady, turned out to be the wife of the partner, Dr. Moss, at my orthopedic surgeon's office. After we sat down, Butch said that he had run into Dr. Holm, Rich, in the hall. I wandered down there, caught his attention and said "They'll let anyone in here, won't they?" We laughed and before I knew it I had reintroduced myself to his wife, Marjorie. She said, "We already met but it is hard when there are so many people", causing me to swat away any embarrassment I immediately started to feel.

Couples frequently got up to dance during the meal and Steve would go a capella walking through the room. The atmosphere was so special and the wait staff was incredible, moving at lightening speed. Here is what they served us: An amuse bouche of shrimp in a shot glass, a salad of mixed greens with pears and walnuts, vichyssoise which was amazing and then a cleansing lime sorbet (yummy!). Our lamb plates were two little racks of lamb with their bones crossed, asparagus wrapped in a little carrot ribbon and phyllo cups filled with mashed sweet potatoes. Dessert was either an incredibly decadent strawberry cake with whipped cream frosting or creme brulee. May I say that my blood sugar has been off the charts today. I'll be paying for last night for awhile but it was worth every single bite!!! The lamb was exquisitely cooked medium rare and gorgous to look out.

• Visited March 2012