“Stayed one night passing thru”

Motel 6 Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Litchfield, Minnesota
“Stayed one night passing thru”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The front desk was very friendly and helpful! The rooms were decent for the price. The pillows were heavenly!!! Close location to several restaurants, gas stations, etc. If you stay here, eat at Logan's - it was great! Only negative was trying to get to the motel, I believe we had to enter by the Waffle House.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Karla R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
weymouth
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed here 1 night. Front desk attendant very friendly. Hall way had a slightly unpleasant smell. Room and bathroom was clean and everything worked. Great location right off the highway and walking distance to several gas stations and restaurants. Definitely will stop by next time I'm in town.

1 Thank mesami19
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Traveling to CT from FL with two dogs, and all the bigger chain hotels on the other side of 95 were booked. We drove around in circles trying to find the entrance, that should have been a sign to get back on the highway. But we had been driving 10 hours and had to stop. The parking lot is dark with strange men hanging around. We were told to go up the back staircase to the second floor and there was no lock on the outside door to the second floor. Strange, awful, scary smell in the hallway. The room is old, no hot water, I'm going to sleep in my clothes if I get any sleep at all. I forgot my toiletry bag with my pills so my husband went back down to the car, he took a long time and when he got to the room he said some guy gave him some fake story about needing money for gas so my husband gave him a couple of bucks 'cause he felt like if he didn't, he would have been assaulted. We're here now and tomorrow morning can't come soon enough. I'm going to jam the chair to bolster the door.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 70Wearytraveler
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear 70Wearytraveler
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the safety and security issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is pretty much an annual stop for us. The location is good, there are plenty of restaurants nearby, and we’ve always been comfortable there. This trip this was not the case.
It started with our entry into the building. After checking in, we headed toward our room through the entry door on the far right hand side, near the pool. As soon as we opened the door, we saw a chicken bone on the floor, covered with ants. Not an auspicious beginning. I got rid of it and we continued to our room.
Once we settled into the room, my wife noticed food on the floor around the nightstand and the two beds. A cherry and some crackers and crumbs, to be specific. Hard to imagine that room was thoroughly cleaned. Had we just walked in, we might have asked for another room. But we had had a long day, we were already settled in, and just decided to put up with it.
But as you can guess, we weren’t too happy about it. I mentioned it to the clerk when I checked out the next day, who offered a perfunctory apology.
Since we’ve stayed at this motel many times before, I’m hoping this place gets some attention before it sinks any further.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
McKenney
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I will not stay in another Motel 6. It was difficult to access the parking lot and after spending the night I wish I hadn't tried so hard to find the entrance. The bathroom outlet did not work and there was no way to use a hair dryer near a mirror. The pillow was small, the bed was hard and the covers were scratchy. I requested my second night's payment back and moved on. I did notify them of the reasons why I was so dissatisfied with my night there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sheila C
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Sheila C - We apologize for the maintenance issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Looks really scary outside, but it was clean enough, some stains on the floor and just needs to be updated, the TV was had a really dark screen. No internet access either. But we got a really cheap rate, so I wasnt too upset. No microwave and no fridge either. And the bed was sunken in, so the mattress was a little uncomfortable. But if you are just staying on night and really trying to save money, would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Sherri S
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

The man at the desk was very nice, I think that is the only nice thing I can say. I didn't expect top notch but this was just filthy. I'm not sure I would use the blanket on the bed for anything, it was gross!

• Stayed January 2013
Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids
Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids
#1 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids
Super 8 Garysburg/Roanoke Rapids

Been to Motel 6 Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!