“Very disappointed-gross carpeting”

Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I have stayed in many Jameson Inns over the past year, which have always been super clean and well-cared for, but the one in Roanoke Rapids had a very clean room, although it smelled terribly of smoke even though I requested and was told it was a non-smoking room, complete with ashtrays, but the carpeting was horrific, large yellow, what I presume to be animal urine stains, not only throughout the carpet but along the carpeted baseboards as well, totally gross. The corridor between between the front and back of the hotel alongside the Lobby smelled of urine. I recognize the Jameson Inns permit pets, but tile floors in certain rooms allocated for pets, I would suggest. Animal urine stains are often difficult if not impossible to eliminate and are totally offensive, yuk!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank traveler3037

Reviewed March 10, 2010

Great value. My husband and I were first lured to the Comfort Inn by their ad in the NC traveler magazine available at the rest areas along 95 but they refused to honer the advertised price, the ad did say "subject to availability" but they certainly had rooms available at $30 higher than they were advertising. So we went down the road to the Jameson who were happy to honor their ad in the same mag. The room as clean and the bedding was comfy. My only complaint was the the heater is very loud and woke my husband up every time it kicked on. Free breakfast was typical continental fare plus the ubiquitous waffles. Free wireless but though I was picking it up in the parking lot I could not get a signal in my room, we were only there one night so I didn't pitch a fit about it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2009

My family and I were traveling back home stayed at Jameson Inn- our room was nice and clean the staff very friendly and our children loved the waffles and enjoyed the pool we will surely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights. Rooms were clean and service was good. Free breakfast included cereals, muffins, and a waffle maker as well as small microwave sausage biscuits, fruit, and juice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Relaxed by the pool that was clean and not too small considering its a small hotel. A great place to stay overnight when traveling on I-95 and with a coupon out of travelcoupons.com it was even better. Nothing fancy but full of southern hospitality. Will return.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2009

My partner and I were driving from Philadelphia to Myrtle Beach, and got a room through priceline for a great price. We checked the ratings on this site and were pleased with our choice. The lobby and the staff were courteous, the room was clean and nice. The continental breakfast was also very nice. Waffles, cereal, juice, sausage mini sandwiches.......the only complaint is that there was no regular coffee packets in our room, just decaf. The lobby had coffee though. Will definitely plan on staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2009

We stayed three nights. Our room was cleaned daily. The staff was polite and very accommodating. The continental breakfast was really deluxe and well presented.
We had a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Great location, very nice rooms, very clean, very cordial staff. great selection for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
#6 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Emporia, VA

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!