“Good value”

Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Great value. My husband and I were first lured to the Comfort Inn by their ad in the NC traveler magazine available at the rest areas along 95 but they refused to honer the advertised price, the ad did say "subject to availability" but they certainly had rooms available at $30 higher than they were advertising. So we went down the road to the Jameson who were happy to honor their ad in the same mag. The room as clean and the bedding was comfy. My only complaint was the the heater is very loud and woke my husband up every time it kicked on. Free breakfast was typical continental fare plus the ubiquitous waffles. Free wireless but though I was picking it up in the parking lot I could not get a signal in my room, we were only there one night so I didn't pitch a fit about it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 19, 2009

My family and I were traveling back home stayed at Jameson Inn- our room was nice and clean the staff very friendly and our children loved the waffles and enjoyed the pool we will surely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights. Rooms were clean and service was good. Free breakfast included cereals, muffins, and a waffle maker as well as small microwave sausage biscuits, fruit, and juice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Relaxed by the pool that was clean and not too small considering its a small hotel. A great place to stay overnight when traveling on I-95 and with a coupon out of travelcoupons.com it was even better. Nothing fancy but full of southern hospitality. Will return.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2009

My partner and I were driving from Philadelphia to Myrtle Beach, and got a room through priceline for a great price. We checked the ratings on this site and were pleased with our choice. The lobby and the staff were courteous, the room was clean and nice. The continental breakfast was also very nice. Waffles, cereal, juice, sausage mini sandwiches.......the only complaint is that there was no regular coffee packets in our room, just decaf. The lobby had coffee though. Will definitely plan on staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2009

We stayed three nights. Our room was cleaned daily. The staff was polite and very accommodating. The continental breakfast was really deluxe and well presented.
We had a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Great location, very nice rooms, very clean, very cordial staff. great selection for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2007

Stayed here one night while traveling from FL back to NJ. The location off the interstate is good - many fast food and chain restaurants (some within walking distance), gas stations, a Food Lion grocery store, Sears, etc. I picked this motel after reading the reviews here and was generally not disappointed.

The Good: CLEAN room; "Dreamium" bed was very comfortable and much needed after 12 hours of driving; easy access to car from my ground floor room (no inside corridors); room was large and better decorated than most chain motels and I had a fridge and microwave (room 106); continental breakfast was also better and included the typical cold items plus several microwaveable breakfast items; roll of paper towels in my room by the sink was helpful; there is a nicely maintained pool which was closed in Dec (!).

The Bad: my in-room phone was not working and would have been a problem if I had not had a cell phone with me; the tub drained very slowly and I was standing in 4 inches of water while showering; the toilet was loose on the floor and it appeared that someone had tried to tighten it by putting cardboard between it and the floor (this did not help the problem!).

This was my first stay at a Jameson Inn. I'd go back.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke Rapids
#6 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids
Hampton Inn Emporia
Hampton Inn Emporia
#1 of 12 in Emporia

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!