“Everyone was very nice and polite, but no follow through.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was a parent volunteer along with a hs team for a trip. The hotel's sales person gave the team leader a courtesy call on the way down to confirm & ask if they could pre-key our room keys to make for easy check in, well that sounded great! When we got there it still took about 30 min to check in, having worked a hotel front desk for over 6 years a group check in should never take that long. Then after returning the next night after a very long event day we find out that every single room key was keyed wrong, for only one day instead of two. Add to that, my daughter & I shared a room & we are pretty low maintenance. Upon check in my daughter used the toliet & it would not flush, it was pretty late so when I called front desk I was not surprised when she told me she would have to bring me a plunger, no problem, I said. I took a shower, my daughter, took a shower. Now the tub wasn't draining, but we were exhausted. An hour later I called down and the woman kind of snippy said, I don't have time to bring it up. I said, ok, I just wish you had told me that an hour ago, now we are showered and in our pjs & it's 10pm. She brought us something that looked kinda like a plunger, but not & it didn't work, just splashed water everywhere. The next morning, I wrote our room # down & the two issues, the tub draining, it was finally empty by the time we woke up, and the toilet, still full, we didn't need service but needed these issues attended. The very nice woman said she would take care of it. Well at 7pm, no one had been in our room. I went back to the fd, told a different woman, who was very sympathetic & promised to keep open the lobby restroom for us & found me a real plunger. I went to our room fixed the toilet, fiddled with things, fixed the tub, thx to tips from a handy hubby.I wish I could remember her name, the last woman, but she was great!

Room Tip: Close to food & shopping
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Tracey J, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for for sharing your feedback with us. I do aplogozie for your inconvenienc. Thank you, again for your feedback so we can better serive our guest.

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids

Reviewed April 14, 2014

1  Thank Joan K
Tracey J, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Reviewed April 7, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Tracey J, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Reviewed April 2, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Tracey J, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Reviewed March 25, 2014

En route home from Florida, after a long day's drive, we were looking for a pet friendly hotel, so I got on bringfido.com and found the Baymont. No pun intended, I expected it to be a "mongrel" hotel, but discovered that it was part of the Wyndham chain. Clean, bright, nicely appointed, both the rooms and the common areas were quite nice. Exterior entrance, and a big 3/4 fenced in area in the rear to exercise the dog. Polite, professional staff, and decent breakfast included. There doesn't appear to be much of a reason to visit Roanoke Rapids, but it makes a great stop going north or south. Dog or not, a great choice!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tracey J, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear, Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy that you enjoyed our accommodation and we hope to see again on your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
#6 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!