“not the cleanest room and felt a bit sketchy”

Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Ottawa, Canada
“not the cleanest room and felt a bit sketchy”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Checked-in late and left early because we were on a road trip down to Florida. Our room wasn't the cleanest; there was some trash left in the room and the room needed a good dusting. Both the evening and morning front desk staff were friendly, so I could have mentioned the trash left in the room, but I just wanted to go to sleep or get on the road, so I didn't mention it. I would not stay at this particular Baymont Inn again. We stayed in a different Baymont Inn on the way back and it was better. The free breakfast was fine, although I wish they had real plates and cutlery instead of plastic ones because it's better for the environment and also because it's hard to eat and drink with plastic forks and knives, and styrofoam plates and cups.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tracey J, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear, Guest

Thank you, for taking the time and sharing your review it is very important to get our guest feedback. Thank you, again letting us know you concerns, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Room: noisy--thanks to thin walls and diesel construction trucks backing up to park behind my room. The room also (apparently) needed to be deodorized each day--makes you wonder what happened in there. The staff were wonderful; no problems there. The breakfast was OK if you got early enough to get anything before the construction crews stocked up for their lunches. Overall: staff good; rooms bad; stay bad.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side are better.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

First thank you, so much for taking the time to share your review, and your kind words about our staff. I do apologize for the noise and we look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Travelers are raving about these Roanoke Rapids hotels

Lucedale, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I would recommend this hotel .Excellent service ..We stayed here on a business trip our last night there my husband dropped his check behind the night stand. We did not know it had fell behind the night stand They immediately contacted me when they found it .They sent it to us over night fedex no charge to us. All the staff was friendly from the front desk to house keeping . They do their best to make your stay as pleasant as possible. . We stayed 10 days I will be staying here on our next visit to Roanoke Rapids Nc

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon.

Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family stayed here for 8 days there was 4 of us in one room, the rooms are small. However it does have a nive size mini fridge and a microwave and a nice sized flat screen tv. The air conditioner would come on and wait till the room was warm to cut back on now that was agrovating. The bathroom is a bit small and they never had any towels you always have to wait for towels and they are small towels in my opinion. Over all for the price its a nice place to stay. Very friendly staff front desk lady was extremely helpful and nice. Housekeeping was very nice and polite as well. If I came through here again I would stay here if I couldn't find anything else available its not a bad place. Beds are comfy too.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tracey J, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear, Guest

Thank you, so much for taking the time to share your review. Thank you for letting us know about your stay, and we hope to see you soon.

Taunton, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I didn't like staying here at all. Asked for non smoking and room smelled like an old ashtray. Reba was great got me another room and checked to see if okay. Staff is nice but the place is not well kept - furniture old. If u need to save $20 go for it-Bed comfy but I don't recommend

• Stayed October 2013
Dear, Guest

First thank you, for taking the time to share you feedback with us. I do apologize that you did not enjoy you stay and we will be working to make sure we review you concerns, and thank you so much and we hope to be able to serve you in the near furture.

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed October 4, 2013

When I Booked this trip I was unfamiliar with this area of North Carolina (Roanoke Rapids). So I attempted to baring on on of the many of sites that allows you to cheaply find a hotel room. Once the Baymont popped up as the hotel that I would receive, I became a little worried since I was unfamiliar with this brand of hotel. So after looking through the reviews of the Roanoke Rapids Baymont, I found that at least 60 percent of them had me more worried than before. But the reply from the manager (or somebody important) somewhat eased my mind. So, I decided to keep my reservations and give it a try.

My actual hotel experience:
Upon arrival (around 10pm on a Friday) I was very kindly greeted by the front desk lady. A true professional, She was nice and quickly pulled up my reservation and got me a key to my so i could get to bed after the long drive. The room was clean, had a weird smell(probably something used to clean). It had a nice sized mini fridge and microwave. There Were plenty of towels and room to put my luggage. Perfect for a couple, small family of group of friends. Breakfast was pretty good. There was a variety of quick breakfast items. The staff the cleaned the room was very friendly.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear, Guest

Thank you, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to seen you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
#7 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids
Super 8 Garysburg/Roanoke Rapids

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!