“A "Dog-gone" Great Stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Keyser, West Virginia, United States
“A "Dog-gone" Great Stay”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

First of all, this is a pet friendly hotel. I appreciate this very much as we traveled with my granddaughter's doxie-poo. Second, the staff was so helpful and kind. Even my grandchildren commented that "this was the nicest place we had ever stayed"...and believe you me, we have stayed a lot of places! And last, it was clean and well kept, even the pool was lovely. I would highly recommend this place to friends. It's rate was great, too!

Room Tip: The floors on the bottom facing the pool were quiet and sunny.
1 Thank Pamela C
Jordan12_11, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear, Guest

First thank you so much for your review it means so much to our staff. We are happy that we were able to make your stay a enjoyable stay. We hope we will see you the future and we thank you again for your feedback and time to post your review and if we can help you in the furture please feel free to contact us.

252-533-0177(f)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
South Berwick, Maine
Reviewed July 4, 2012

we were dead tired we stopped here because the reviews said it was a good place. The bed was very good. It was clean and quiet. Everything worked. The price was a little high for the room. It could use some updating, but all in all it was good.

Dear, Guest
Thank you for taking the time out to post your review we a happy that your stay was a pleasant one. We look forward to seeing you and serving you in your future stay. Thank you again your feedback is so important and we truly look forward in seeing you again!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We booked through Hotwire and were given this hotel for about $50 for one night. The hotel receptionist was nice enough when we checked in around 10pm after a very long day on the road. When we got to the room, I was disappointed based on the good reviews I had read. The carpets looked and felt gross. The furniture/vanity is very rundown and beat up looking. The surface of the bathtub was bubbling up in places and very dingy. Those were things I could deal with for a one night stop over considering it was so cheap. However, the beds were the worst I've ever had. The linens had stains. Every small movement caused the beds to creek and screech incredibly loudly. The mattress itself felt like it was made of concrete. I ended up barely sleeping because it was so horribly uncomfortable. Next time I'll spend the extra money to know where I'm staying and I won't book here again. I'd rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank ADPlatt
, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Guest

I first would like to thank you for taking the time out and writting your review. It is very important that we hear from each and every guest so thank you. I do apologize that your stay was unconfortable I can assure you these issues will be handle properly. I would love to reach out to you so please feel free to contact me. I thank you for your feedback it is great to have feedback so we can make sure all of our guest are confortable thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Roanoke Rapids hotels

Walnutport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed here as a midway point on our way to SC. The rooms were standard. The morning meals was also standard (muffins, waffles, bagels, cereal). The down side was, as others indicated, despite being in a non-smoking room, the room still had a lingering smoke scent. It did meet our needs and given the good rate I would consider going here again. . .but only for a quick overnight stay as we used it for.

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor away from road and had no issues with noise.
1 Thank wrousen
Dear Guest

I thank you for taking the time to write your review. We value your feedback it is so important to us. I am happy that your over night stay was an enjoyable one and we look forward to serving you on your next stay. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room and facility. Extremely clean room, friendly staff and comfortable bed. Would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jordan12_11, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Guest:

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review our guest feedback is very important part at Jameson Inn. We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us our staff will continue to work hard to make each and every stay a enjoyable one for you and all of our guest. We truly thank you and look forward to serving you agin in the furture.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2012

So here's the truth this place was inexpensive to stay I think we paid $70 just as a midway stop between NY & Myrtle Beach, front desk staff were nice, but the room was not very nice at all, the carpet was disgusting and we kept our shows on at all times even when we got out the shower.
Very dated room & the room smelled of tobacco really bad, but as I said you pay for what you get & this was just a quick stop over enroute to get some zzzzzzs.
Breakfast which was free ( bonus ) was actually pretty good although I got the feeling from the looks we were getting that this place appealed more to construction workers than tourists.
Would I stay there again, errrr no I will spend the extra $20 & stay up the road in the Hilton but as the truth says you pay for what you get.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Jordan12_11, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear Giest:

Thank you, for taking the time out to write a review we do truly appreciate, you as a valued guest. I am truly heart felt on your experience on your stay which I can assure you this is not our standard at the Jameson Inn. We will be working on these issues to resolve them and thank you for your feedback so we can service each and every costumer with a quality stay each and every time. Please contact me if I can be of any assistance to you and thank you again for your review we truly appreciate.

252-533-0222
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I was in Roanoke Rapids, NC over the weekend. RR isn't a big city but it's a decent stop in between Rocky Mount, NC and Richmond, VA. A girlfriend of mine relocated from NY. She had a weekend filled with events. RR isn't known for good entertainment. There were several of us from all over booked at this hotel for my friend's weekend. It's conveniently located off of I95. There are plenty of restaurants and major stores in the area. The hotel is a little dated but it was clean. I don't have any complaints. Check-in was simple even though I was there earlier than 3 PM. If you can't walk up stairs easily, ask for a room on the first level, there aren't any elevators. There's a continental breakfast but I didn't get up early enough. The Roanoke Cinema is small and dated as well but a movie before 6 PM is $3, a large popcorn and small drink was $4.50 and a box of candy was $2. Who would have thought a couples out would cost $12.50. We saw the Avengers so it wasn't like it was an old movie. Good stay for what we needed it for.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jordan12_11, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so happy that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and our attractions in the area. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and if we can be of any help to your an your family in the furture please contact us. Thank you agin!

252-533-022
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
#7 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids
Super 8 Garysburg/Roanoke Rapids

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!