“Pleasantly Surprised by the Jameson Inn!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed at the Jameson Inn in Roanoke Rapids as a getaway. The check in process was easy and the clerk, Joann Price was very helpful. She treated us like family. She was very knowledgeable about the area and places to dine! Having the free breakfast was an added bonus. I enjoyed the waffles as well as the other items available. This is our second visit and would love to go back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 9, 2011

We have stayed at Jameson Inns many times in the past three years and have always enjoyed a very nice, clean room at any of the locations we visited. They also have worked with us on good rates since we're repeat customers. The Jameson at Roanoke Rapids, NC was especially impressive during our last trip which came on the heels of Hurricane Irene. The power had just come back on in this town literally an hour before we drove in. Needless to say, there was chaos and hotels were filling up quickly since a lot of the suburbs still did not have power after 5 days. The staff was polite, organized and efficient during those hectic hours of check-in, trying to clean rooms, etc. We had a major problem with our door key that just didn't want to work after several attempts at duplicate keys. They sent us to dinner and had the problem resolved when we returned. They also honored our normal rate. Breakfast was available as always on time as if nothing had happened. Kudos to Jameson Inn in Roanoke Rapids, NC and their wonderful staff!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at the Jameson Inn in Roanoke Rapids on our way to Myrtle Beach. The staff was great. I had booked 3 rooms for family side by side, or as close as possible, and they said they would do that. When we arrived, they could only give me 2 together. I had booked in early June, but they had no note of requested room-togetherness. The air conditioner in one of the rooms was broken and the staff moved the whole unit out of the room and installed a new one. Room was nice and clean and beds were comfortable, Nice place to stay for the night. We stayed here last year also.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Checked in and was very pleased by desk clerk who was gracious and very nice. However, when we got to the room it was horrible. The "non-smoking" room reeked of smoke and the carpet was full of cigarette burns. The bedding had tears along the seams and the air unit was very loud. I went back to the office and she suggested I try another room, which we dud. Unfortunately it was if the same caliber. Ended up being fully refunded and apologized to. The front desk clerk was very kind and offered us suggestions to other hotels nearby.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We arrived at the Jameson Inn around 11pm and checked in thru a plate glass window. This did not make us feel very safe. The room was clean but the carpet and chair looked well used and could be updated.

The free included breakfast was only so-so. It included cereal, muffins, coffee, juice, and a waffle maker that was dirty when we visited the breakfast room. The staff did clean it up once they were notified however.

Overall, I have to give this hotel a 2 out of 5.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I made a Reservation to stay here about 2 months prior to Rapids Jam. I ask if they had adjoining rooms and they told me yes. I asked if they could put me in the adjoining rooms because I will have a 14 and 15 year old coming and I want to make sure that my husband and I can stay together during our trip. They gladly took my credit and assured me that we would have these rooms and gave me the confirmation numbers. About 3 weeks prior to Rapids Jam I called again to confirm that we in fact still had the reservation with the adjoining rooms they told me you sure do.... So again, the day before we left I called again and they told me again yes mam you have the adjoining rooms no need to worry!!! I did not want to arrive on Friday with no Hotel to stay in with 2 teens. Of course upon arrival at the Hotel on Friday to Check In, I was told OOPS your adjoing room has been rented sorry!!! I was furious I told her I had booked these rooms 2 months ago and I called twice to confirm with them and they rented my room to someone else and now we had nowhere to stay!! They called around and needless to say they found us a hotel which I will not reveal the name but my dog wouldn't have stayed there or even been safe staying there for that matter. There was no way we were staying there, so we drove all the way to Virginia with no luck at all, finally at 7:30 pm after my daughter begged us to just take her home we had been in the car for 7 hours straight we found a Hotel in Rocky Mount where I had to end up paying $660.00 for the weekend verses what I would have paid!. We made memories on this trip but I can assure you they were not pleasant!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Taylor052
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We were in town for Rapids Jam this past weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Jameson Inn. The rooms were very clean and the hotel staff were extremely nice and accomodating. The employees there were so friendly and upbeat. The continental breakfast was tasty as well. Pool area was nice...Beds slept great too! I would highly recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Backside of hotel facing the pool on 2nd floor