“Go back To Fresh”

Purdy, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go back To Fresh”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

When they first open the Seafood was fresh. Yes fried but fried good. Last two times we ate there. It was, Well gross.The fish was dry, thin and hard as a brick (frozen). Pre-Cooked and re fried... The shrimp,( what was the best thing) was soft and over battered.and well done( frozen).
The staff, well A few was right on time, Two looked like they just done a hit of Crack.

• Visited December 2012

N.C.
“Great Food”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great food served hot and cooked accordingly, excellent salads that taste fresh, and friendly customer service.

Visited September 2012
Murfreesboro, North Carolina
“batter up”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is not a health food restaurant. I like my food healthy. If you'd rather have yours battered and fried then this is your place. The mixed veggies were good. There is no real butter. They use that partially hydrogenated spread that will ruin your arteries. They did have real lemons. The waitress was great. I go to this restaurant only when my friend takes me and I try not to complain. After all, he's paying. I want to try Sharkys.

• Visited September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“NOT A REAL SEAFOOD RESTAURANT”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

There's no real seafood in Roanoke Rapids, NC, but Mayflower is definitely not the place for a seafood lover to go. The fish is fried to a crisp and curled up to nothing. Shrimp are frozen fried things you could buy at costco. French fries are great! Service was decent, except at the register when they ask your opinion but don't really want it :-) The big guy asked me how I liked my meal. He looked like a manager so I told him the truth. He asked me if I had mentioned it to my waitress. I said yes, then he went looking for her. He talked to her a minute and came back and said, "Sir, next time tell your waitress to fix it while you're at the table..." Now I'm mad. I think he thought I was trying to get that $6.95 lunch plate for free. He was wrong. I was on company money and buying for everyone. I was just trying to help the guy out by telling him the flounder was disappointing. I can afford his lunch.
Most of the locals will tell you to avoid this restaurant. If you are really in the mood for seafood, get salmon at one of the steakhouses. This is not a seafood town and they don't have enough business to import the good stuff. This was over a year

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank DeesAcrossAmerica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“POOR MANAGEMENT”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Words of advise: NEVER eat at this Mayflower!!! The baby shrimp, baby flounder, and fries are very greasy and taste like they've been cooked in old cooking oil, and the baked potatoe, tasteless... Then on top of that, the Management Staff is VERY unprofessional and will depute you of your complaint! I WARN you DO NOT even waste your time going to this place!!!

VERY DISPLEASED AND UNLESS THE MANAGEMENT CHANGE, I WILL NEVER GO BACK!

1 Thank CTJGB