“NOT A REAL SEAFOOD RESTAURANT”

Mayflower Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Atlanta, Georgia
“NOT A REAL SEAFOOD RESTAURANT”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

There's no real seafood in Roanoke Rapids, NC, but Mayflower is definitely not the place for a seafood lover to go. The fish is fried to a crisp and curled up to nothing. Shrimp are frozen fried things you could buy at costco. French fries are great! Service was decent, except at the register when they ask your opinion but don't really want it :-) The big guy asked me how I liked my meal. He looked like a manager so I told him the truth. He asked me if I had mentioned it to my waitress. I said yes, then he went looking for her. He talked to her a minute and came back and said, "Sir, next time tell your waitress to fix it while you're at the table..." Now I'm mad. I think he thought I was trying to get that $6.95 lunch plate for free. He was wrong. I was on company money and buying for everyone. I was just trying to help the guy out by telling him the flounder was disappointing. I can afford his lunch.
Most of the locals will tell you to avoid this restaurant. If you are really in the mood for seafood, get salmon at one of the steakhouses. This is not a seafood town and they don't have enough business to import the good stuff. This was over a year

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank DeesAcrossAmerica

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“POOR MANAGEMENT”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Words of advise: NEVER eat at this Mayflower!!! The baby shrimp, baby flounder, and fries are very greasy and taste like they've been cooked in old cooking oil, and the baked potatoe, tasteless... Then on top of that, the Management Staff is VERY unprofessional and will depute you of your complaint! I WARN you DO NOT even waste your time going to this place!!!

VERY DISPLEASED AND UNLESS THE MANAGEMENT CHANGE, I WILL NEVER GO BACK!

1 Thank CTJGB
New York City, New York
“Fried fish, mostly.”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

A place like this could do so much better. First of all, most of the menu is breaded and fried fish. One or two baked options, but this isn't really a "seafood" restaurant. We were hoping for things like a good crab soup, maybe mussels or lobster. This isn't that sort of place. And they don't serve alcohol. No beer or wine. It's more of a fast-food style fried fish place. Our waitress was very friendly, about the only good thing about the place.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Michael C
Palmer Springs, Va
“Local Chain”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Rather ordinary seafood with daily specials. Reasonable prices.

Petersburg, Virginia
“Big appetite, big plate”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Mayflower is an excellent seafood resturaunt. The food tastes great and the portions are large. I usually share a plate with my mother. The food is fresh and the staff is extra friendly. They make you feel at home because they never forget a face if you come back.

Visited November 2011