“Always stop here on our way home from the beach”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Camino Real Mexican Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 17 Restaurants in Richlands
Cuisines: Mexican
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Always stop here on our way home from the beach”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Good mexican food, excellent salsa, good service in a friendly atmosphere. We would always drive by this restaurant on our way home from the beach and saw tons of cars in the parking lot, which is a good sign. One day we decided to stop in and we are glad we did! Have been here at least 10 times and the food is always good and the portions a huge! I usually get the combo meal with a chili relleno and a chicken burrito. Very friendly staff.

• Visited July 2012

Smithsburg, Maryland
“Authentic Mexican”
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

The food here is really really good. The service is just "ok." the one in Wallace is way better. The employees are nice enough, just not motivated. Love their Enchiladas and salsa they put on the table is phenomenal.

OH-NC
“Camino Real Mexican Bar & Grill”
Reviewed November 29, 2009

This is a popular local hangout and it is very busy most nights. The food is authentic, really good and reasonably priced. I can't think of anywhere else around here where I would go when craving some good Mexican food. But that's where it ends for Camino Real.

Do not expect customer service here. it is non-existent. You will wait to be seated, end up getting your own high chair if needed even though they say several times they are bringing it, have part of your order incorrect or forgotten, need to request silverware and refills repeatedly and most likely find errors on your bill.

The service here is so bad, I have contemplated trying take out just to avoid it. With that said, the food is so good that I throw all of my beliefs that every business should provide at least minimal customer service right out of the window and patronize this establishment against all better judgment. I do not tip though and won't until the day that I have a flawless experience.

There is a bar on site and Corona as well as other beers and cocktails are served. Knowing some Spanish would be a plus and might garner a little better customer service though the waitstaff do speak English.

Come here for the food and the food alone with no other expectations and you will be satisfied.

1 Thank MonzyWentTo