“Food good, service good, ambiance good”
Review of The Moors Brasserie - CLOSED

The Moors Brasserie
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stopped here for lunch as our usual pub was closed. The menu had some contrasting styles (eg. Thai and Toulouse sausage) which makes it good for variable tastes. We had Thai curry, toulouse sausage and special lasagne (avocado). All good with individual tastes, except for the lasagne which was a bit experimental and ended up as some limp avocado topped with thick rubbery cheese, but I would not want to overly cricitise imagination, even when it is a bit off the mark. Deserts were very nice, if a bit small.
Service good and friendly, but a round of coffee was forgotten. I liked the way that the chef was continually scoping the place to make sure he was on top of things.
The dining room is nicely furnished, if a bit small and crowded, though I realise that is hardly the restaurants fault. It does feel more like a coffee shop with people popping in for a quick cake/coffee rather than a leisurely lunch eating place. I would like to see the place a bit bigger.
PS Good news. The Peroni is on tap!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had such a relaxing time on Saturday- read the papers in peace with gorgeous smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and toast- would probably ask for salmon to be heated up with the eggs next time but just a personal preference. Great atmosphere and really great coffee!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Another fab breakfast with friendly banter and staff. Good food well presented. Busy so worth booking a table.

Highly recommend and booking dinner for this weekend.

1  Thank megadishu123
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have heard so much about the moors but it was not what i expected... It was better!!

I had the ciabatta dish for starter and for main i had the lamb pocket and my friend had the burger. We ate the ciabatta with delight and cracked on with our mains!

The lamb was tremendous and my friends burger was well cooked fantastic job

I would highly recommend and the staff were ever so friendly

Coming back soon!!

1  Thank Bethgwarick
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Superb menu, great staff, outstanding food. Highly recommended. We had an absolutely brilliant time.

1  Thank Amanorris