“What a quaint little place”

Colonial Inn & Suites
Colonial Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Reidsville
Clifton Forge, VA
“What a quaint little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2009

My meeting went longer than expected out of town, and decided not to stay the night and head up the road back home. About an hour into my trip, I found myself almost veering off the road, and decided to stop in Reidsville. The first place I came to I stopped, and decided to give it a try. Being leery of everything, I asked to see the room first and the guy at the desk had no problem. It was quite the quaint litlte place, clean and cheap. Since I hadn't budgeted in an overnight stay, the price met my budget and I decided to stay. I woke up a little late the next morning and headed down the road.

The place really suprised me, and the nice thing that I have to say is... It was American run and they say owned! Very few hotels anymore are owned by Americans yet alone run by them, so that was quite the advantage over the others. They had a small breakfast the next morning, but like I said, I got on the road. Very good room for the value.

• Liked — great value and clean room
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cleanURway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
jacksonville,fl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2007

while in reidsville on buisness, I had the great displeasure of staying at colonial inn. First off the shape of the room was awful. one tabe the leg was falling off, which made it difficult for me to get any work done. The people arguing loudly outside my room didnt help either. As I lay down with my book to read, I find out my light didnt work, I called the front desk and received no answer. The next morning before I left I went to get some coffee from the free breakfast at five after six, only to find the doors locked. needless to say, I had a horrible expirience.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank travelingman01
Princeton, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2006

My wife and I needed a break from the kids and stopped at this little place. They used to be a Best Value Inn I think the lady said. Helen was her name, and she was great. She was so nice and sweet to us, and then after we got checked in and continued to chat, she told us she had been there 20 some years and was 80 years old! I would have never guessed it. I wasn't expecting much when I got there considering it used to be a franchise hotel, but I was rather pleased with my room. The big TV was a plus.

The next morning we went down for the free breakfast. I can see why its free. Bagels and pastries isn't much of a breakfast for me, but the guy pointed us to some little local place to eat, which had some really good food.

The plus signs: Great service, nice clean rooms
The negative signs: Breakfast

Other than the breakfast, I was really satisfied with my room, plus we found it in a coupon book, so for the price I paid, I was really happy.

• Liked — Helen at the Front Desk
  • Disliked — the breakfast
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ParkingLotGuy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reidsville
Days Inn of Reidsville
Holiday Inn Express Reidsville
Hampton Inn Eden
Hampton Inn Eden
#1 of 3 in Eden

Been to Colonial Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!