“killer reuben!”

The Celtic Fringe
Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Reidsville
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Celtic Fringe is an eclectic Irish Bistro. We strive to provide unique food offerings from across all the Celtic nations as well as American favorites. We feature a constantly rotating selection of Craft Beers on tap, as well as an extensive California and International Wine list. Our restaurant is styled after an old-world pub: a gathering place for family and community to enjoy each others company without the distractions of daily life. Come in a sit a spell and enjoy a pint or two.
eden, nc
“killer reuben!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

One of the best reubens I have ever eaten. Unique cheese fries that you would have to try to believe. Good selection of beers on tap. The place is very small so if you get there too late on the weekend you may be waiting a while but is worth the wait. Upscale Irish pub is how I would describe the Celtic Fringe.

• Visited May 2013

NC
“No restaurant touches this within an hours drive!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We went again last night and we were pleased again! My husband had the bangers and mash, I had the fish and chips. They have a large beer selection and wine too. On Wednesday nights bottles of wine are half price. Other specials are on other nights like half price appetizers and less priced beer.
We love the atmosphere. If you like a quieter spot to eat I suggest you either go early; (appetizers 3-5 and full menu begins at 5:00), or go when the weather is nice and eat outside. The restaurant is small and gets noisier as the night gets later.
I believe they are still closed on Mondays.
The staff are your first good impression and then comes the selections of beverages and food. We have honestly enjoyed everything we've tried there. The steaks are the best anywhere and a good price too!
Enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
United States
“Consistently outstanding experience.....”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

At this point in time, I have now visited this restaurant a number of times since it opened. This is actually an update of a previous review from about a year ago. That review also achieved a “five” rating as well, and the Celtic Fringe continues to be an absolutely outstanding establishment. It is located in downtown Reidsville, a little off the beaten path, but well worth the trip if you are from out of town. The locals are already aware of the quality of the food, service, and atmosphere at this restaurant. Each visit has been a wonderful culinary and dining experience. The staff is always hospitable and friendly, and the service is uniformly excellent. Thanks Kim!

The facility itself is very attractive, and there is seating inside, as well as a nice area outside for you to enjoy the superb gastronomic offerings provided by this establishment. It has an intimate pub/restaurant feel that is very welcoming and comfortable.

There is a wide array of excellent liquid refreshment items available to satisfy your adult beverage needs. The variety of brews on tap is outstanding, and there are also many bottled beers and brands of wines available.

Now to the food…. It is consistently excellent. My dining partners and I have never been disappointed with the quality of the food at this restaurant. Some of our favorites include the Reuben sandwich, bangers and mash, faerie wings, Smithwick’s ale cheese soup, shepherd’s pie, and the mash and cream bowl. They are all superb, but my favorite has to be the faerie wings….I can’t get enough of them. They are very meaty and tasty, especially the Cajun dry rub variety. Awesome!

I would highly recommend this dining establishment to anyone seeking and outstanding meal, friendly environment, great service, and attractive facility, as well as a diverse, unique menu. Check it out….you won’t be disappointed with anything about the Celtic Fringe.

• Visited April 2013
NC
“If you are ever near... this is a "must" stop!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were greeted by Tina at the door. I asked lots of questions about the place and she enjoyed sharing the story of the owners and how most of all their staff are original. The staff all seemed to enjoy their jobs and that goes a long way. We live 20 mins away and were literally shocked to find this gem in downtown Reidsville across from a train track. They are closed on Mondays and open for lunch Tuesday - Friday and have an appetizer and beer special on Monday and Tuesday. I found this restaurant through tripadvisor and support the rave reviews that others wrote. I am getting the fish & chips, reuben, and shepherds pie on future returns. We also had the appetizer hummas with rye and it was awesome. We will probably go once a week now that we discovered this place. It has a nice bar and the whole restaurant has very good atmosphere. Silly sounding but we started with the steaks and they were at the top of only a few that we would rate as "best ever" at any restaurant. Their green beans are very different and you must try them. They are NOT just your regular old crappy green beans that many restaurants toss out. Would love their recipe!
Their beer selection is great, many wines and a note was on the menu that they are expanding the wine list.
Dear fellow tripadvisor friends. My husband and I live thru tripadvisor for restaurants, attractions, etc. I know that you will be satisfied with this place and again I'm so excited that we don't have to travel out of our country setting for an hour anymore to get fine food.
We were so full that we didn't get dessert, however, they sounded great too.

• Visited April 2013
wgfxkmf, Owner at The Celtic Fringe, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks for your kind words. Just wanted to mention to readers that we are closed on Monday, and open for lunch and dinner Tuesday - Sunday. Our Beer specials are $3 pints on Tuesday and Sunday, Thursday we have $4 Imperial pints. We have appetizer specials on Sunday.
Greensboro, NC
“Great place to meet friends”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The Celtic Fringe is a great place to eat with friends, but we always try to get there early because it becomes packed very quickly. Even when it's packed, there's a positive vibe, like a big party at a friend's house. If you're from the area, you're bound to run into lots of folks you know. I have enjoyed trying the different choices, such as Scotch eggs and shepherd's pie. On my most recent visit, I had the shrimp and grits and they were so good that it's going to be hard not to pick them again and again. One friend swears by the fish and chips and always has that. On our last visit, several of our group wanted a glass of wine and we appreciated it when our waiter Alex pointed out that if we got a bottle, it would end up being a better deal for us. Looking forward to the warmer weather when we can enjoy our time together on the patio.

• Visited February 2013