“Lost and in need of a room”

Days Inn Raleigh South
Ranked #73 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I pulled in, totally lost, at 1:30 am; the hotel desk clerk put me in a room close to the front and my car; I was exhausted. The room was very clean and pleasant considering the price. I slept well, for the room was comfortable in every way. Five hours later, I explained to the same desk clerk that I was lost. He Googled where I was heading for and printed out the directions. I was thrilled to find that I was only 1/2 hour from my destination. I could not ask for better service or a more pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Raleigh South

Reviewed July 30, 2011

The building is old and worn. The bed was decent. Front desk service was so-so. Continental breakfast was below average. The pool was clean and nice. Free wifi, mini fridge, and microwave. This place attracts lots of party people, so it can be loud. The price was great. If I stayed in Raleigh again, then I'd probably try a different place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I arrived at the hotel a bit earlier than expected, and my room was not ready. The hotel had been sold out the previous night (a good sign!) and the housekeeping staff was a bit behind schedule. The manager was extremely polite and helpful, and he moved me to an upgraded corner room (with balcony) that was ready to go. The room was very spacious and comfortable and included a sofa. The wireless Internet was excellent--very fast. The bed was comfortable and provided a good night's sleep. The shower had good water pressure, but the shower head could have been about six inches higher. Considering the rate and the upgrade, this hotel was a steal! I certainly would consider staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: The corner rooms (one king bed) are great.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My family and I stayed here just this past weekend and we were met with incredibly arrogant and cocky service. They were extremely condescending all because the guy who checked us in did it incorrectly which was a totally agitating experience as well. Who treats people like this for a $16 difference. Never have I been treated at a hotel this badly. To top it off the rooms were not all that much anyway, the TV didn't work and the AC was also failing at times.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Good value but room was small and not yet renovated. Quiet location, a/c unit quiet and efficient, nobody bit me.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2011

The price of the room was reasonable the room was reasonable I had to upgrade to a King Suite. Great place but I must say the best part was the customer service. They worked very hard to make sure I was pleased with my room and service. They were very polite and accommodating. I am big on customer service and they did a great job making me feel accommodated! Only one recommendation would be to increase the quality of the continental breakfast. Other than that this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cherripi8908
Reviewed April 12, 2009

Upon my trip I had great service, my room was clean & had the amenities I needed (high spped internet, fridge, microwave), and I received a good price for a king sized bedroom. The location is very close to where I had business meetings, and it was easy to find when driving.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank xglamourkillsx
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
Econo Lodge South Garner
Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South
Hampton Inn Raleigh / Garner
Best Western Plus Edison Inn
Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh

Been to Days Inn Raleigh South? Share your experiences!