“Great Facility Friendly Staff”

Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown
Ranked #48 of 85 Hotels in Raleigh
Redwood City, California
“Great Facility Friendly Staff”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Met my son for spring break. Had a late flight and was met by Shiron at check-in. She was very friendly and helpful. Helped start the stay off well. The room was spacious and comfortable. Having to walk to the restroom next to one of the beds was a bit odd but okay. The beds were a little soft but the room was quiet (no noise from the nearby freeway or roads). The bathroom was large and the shower had excellent water pressure (always a plus). The hotel was sold out but there was always parking near our room. The sport court was an added bonus. The internet service worked well and we got good television reception. The closet could have used a folding luggage valet but we adapted an end table. The kitchen would have been very convenient if we had time to cook. The location was excellent for touring the local colleges. There were several nearby restaurants to try. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This hotel is in a good location, but it was the worst Marriott hotel we have ever stayed in. About 30 minutes after my husband showered, I took mine. The water turned cold half way through. I had to wait until the maintenance man came to adjust the water heater. He gave no apology, and tried to tell us we had no business taking two showers the same morning. "These heaters are too small to accommodate more than one shower." I couldn't believe it. On top of that, the room did not seem especially clean. We have family in Raleigh so will be visiting often, but will never stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Tell them you need to have more than one person per day taking a shower, so they can adjust your roo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank BarbaraJA
jason h, Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Barbara,

I want to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experiance at the Residence Inn Midtown. We are looking into the hot water issue that you reported. We value you as a guest and appreciate you staying with us. Please feel free to contact me with further questions or comments. Have a great day!
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I checked into this hotel around 12:30 in the morning, thus we were not the most pleasant guests when we arrived. I have to give kudos the manager on duty, Tessa Prentice, who dealt with both of us with patience of a saint. My husband found a cheaper rate on-line and Tessa patiently waited for us to book the reservation on-line at the discounted rate. When we arrived at our room we were pleasantly surprised. It was a spacious double bed, that's what the discounted rate afforded us, with a kitchenette, two tvs and a very nice bathroom. All in all we were very impressed. We have officially converted from Hilton/Hampton loyalists to Marriot lovers.

Room Tip: Please note this property is set up like an apartment complex with two levels. You may want to opt...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Smileshee
Pine Ridge, Florida
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This was my second visit to this RI, it is an older establishment. Was there for the week and has one issue and was resolved by the GM. The maintenance guy sent to room to fix TV did not have a clue, but talked to GM and he sent Chief Engineer as they call him and he fixed the issue. Food at Buffet is average but the service is very good. They try hard to please from Front Desk to Buffet servers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Let me first state that I am a Marriott Platinum Member and I would never stay at this hotel after checking in on November 19, 2013. I took a shower only to be greeted by the biggest Cockroach I had ever seen in my life on my bed. I grabbed a glass and plate to capture it to show proof of the bug infestation; thereafter, I took a picture to show proof. When I confronted the front desk staff, they tried telling me it was a water bug; but, it was a Florida cockroach. I immediately checked out after arguing with the front desk staff members who explained that they were going to charge my card. I told them that I was going to check into the Marriot downtown (500 Fayetteville St) and to have the manager call me. Two weeks later no call; so, I wrote a letter to Marriott Customer service where they offered 5,000 points to resolve the situation; but, I paid 25,000 points to stay at the Marriott downtown after having to leave from the cockroach infestation from a morning which started 18 hours prior to my arrival (at 3:00AM). 5,000 points is an insult and I did not ever respond to their email. So, I am writing this review to let everyone know to never stay at this hotel. It was the worst experience, as a business traveler, I have ever had. This is coming from someone who stays at least 100 nights per year in hotels.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Dj4OSU
Orange, Virginia
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is the older style RI and has the outside stairs. Ugh! Further there was a set of stone stairs and one of them not only is loose but even rocks if you step on it the wrong way. Rooms are clean and staff are friendly. Breakfast is just so-so. Neighborhood doesn't seem safe to me at all.

Room Tip: If climbing stairs is difficult, ask to be put on a ground floor. Still lots of small staircases to...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 414Bookworm
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Hotel was quite busy, but they had plenty of tables available for the excellent breakfast.
The staff was helpful -- We did not have any ice in the refrigerator, so I went to the front desk. The lady got a large bag and filled it with Ice from the Breakfast Area and said if I needed more, Just come back

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple