“Convenient to Expressway..but that's it.”

Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown
Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed July 24, 2008

Residence inn was an older facility nestled right next to highway access. The facility is an old apartment complex that's been changed to a hotel. For extended stays is works well but check the mattresses before booking a room. Ours were uncomfy. ONe nice amenity is the free breakfast which is actual breakfast. It comes with your stay.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed April 3, 2008

I stayed at Residence Inn with my husband, son and mom, March 20-March 23, 2008. The buildings are like apartments. There are no elevators. We had a penthouse suite. Upstairs it has a loft bedroom with a bathroom, closet, desk and TV. Downstairs is a fold out murphy bed and a sleep sofa. There is also a bathroom, closet, TV, desk, table for 4 people and a full kitchen. The suite was clean but the decor was a bit outdated.

The breakfast was great. It included eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausage, grits, fruit, cereal. It was nice not spending money on breakfast. Also, Monday-Thursday they offer a light dinner such as salads, make your own deli sandwiches, and chicken drumetts.

There is a nice basketball court and a swimming pool.

The location is great right off of I-440. There is a Walmart about 5 minutes away and McDonalds & Burger King.

The staff and service was great.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2008

As other reviews noted this place is a little dated but rooms were clean and decor not bad. This is one of the "original design" Residence Inns, campus of fairly cheaply constructed frame buildings. Grounds were kept up but wouldn't want to stay here in bad weather, have to walk a ways to get to your car or to the gatehouse as they call it. Nice enough welcome light meal and snacks in the evening and breakfast was fine. Mattresses are not up to usual Mariott standard but I slept OK. This is a bargain compared to the nearby Courtyard but definetly not as nice. One restaurant and a Hilton within walking distance, many more just a close drive. The hotel is right off the beltway, easy access to North Raleigh or minutes to downtown.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2008

Stayed one night at the Residence Inn on a business trip. First time ever in a Residence Inn. I was travelling with 2 other business colleagues. We each were upgraded to a large suite which was really large. Upstair bedroom, 2 full baths, sitting area with fireplace, kitchen, slept 5-6 including sleeper sofa, desk/dining area. Lots of room. Wish I was with my family instead of just myself.

I liked my room. One of my colleagues didn't like his suite. Said the bed was too hard.

The hotel staff was very cordial and helpful. The breakfast was OK, not great. Hot food was a plus. The temperature in the room was quite warm, probably because temps in Raleigh hit 70 degrees in early January. The breakfast area isn't that large.

Hotel showing its age, but still an OK place to stay. Location convenient. Easy access to the beltline around Raleigh and close to good restaurants.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed November 19, 2007

This Residence Inn isn't up to Marriott standards. First, this hotel is in need of updating and renovations. The beds are horribly uncomfortable. The rooms have no wall separating living and sleeping as do the other RI's I've stayed in. There was mildew along the tub/shower caulking. The staff was not very receptive or accomodating to the bed issue. The breakfast area was not large enough to host even a medium sized group. Overall this hotel is old and dirty and oddly located. I would not stay here again. Forget walking at night the area beyond the hotel is sketchy apartments, personally I would not feel safe.

• Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank time_traveler99
Reviewed October 2, 2007

I was planning on staying at the Raleigh Residence Inn North on 1000 Navaho Drive, September 17 and 18. My boyfriend and I checked into the hotel and went directly to dinner around 8:30pm. After we returned from dinner around 11:00 pm and was in the room for only an hour we encountered 5+ roaches along with other insects. Needless to say, we immediately went to the front desk at (12:00 am) to complain and see if we could get a new room. Unfortunately the hotel was booked. We we offered a can of bug spray or stay in the room we had. So at midnight we proceed to check out and find a new hotel. Not exactly the best way to start a vacation.

The general manager only called me once to follow up on my complaint but never returned my phone call. I only recevied an e-mail 2 weeks later after I filed a compaint with Marriott headquarters.

Now I am fighting a $25 gas gift card dispute with the hotel. The promotion was stay 2 nights and receive a $25 gas gift card at check-out. The front desk has given us the card at check-in and I didn't think anything of it. When we checked out I didn't think to return it or ask about it. The next day my credit card was charged without my knowledge because I took the $25 gift card. I would have returned the gift card had I know, but I was not even given a chance.

To say the least I am not sure if I will be staying at a Marriott hotel again after the services I received this past visit.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank honeybrown226
Reviewed August 7, 2007

Nice clean room, hotel was booked solid on a Saturday evening but service was good. Convenient to 440 . Very nice and secure property but area past hotel was not great. Breakfast was good and kept stocked during a very crowded Sunday morning.

Stayed: August 2007