“Stylish and functional”

Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown
Ranked #53 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here since I was having surgery at Duke nearby (discount was great, too). It was a very well laid out king efficiency (no separate bedroom). They provide a wonderful evening meal ("finger food" the evening we were there) which is enough to eliminate the need to go out for dinner. It's essentially a condo complex but very convenient and definitely served the purpose for us.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed in the 1 bedroom Penthouse which was very nice. The bedroom is upstairs in a loft with a full bathroom. Downstairs is a living room and kitchen with a murphy bed and another full bathroom. The murphy bed is comfortable ... much better than a sleeper sofa. This is a great set up for families.

Breakfast was the usual fare, but the eating area is nice. You go through a rough area getting to the hotel from downtown, but the area where the hotel is located is great. A Trader Joe's across the street.

We'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jcbunc85
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed there for one night. Booked via hotels.com. Arrived in the afternoon by car. Trouble free check inn, free parking, free wifi, complimentary dinner and breakfast. Room / apartment was clean, good space, ok bathroom. Friendly staff. Special thanks to the man who worked outside with the BBQ for our dinner. Relaxed athmospehere. Will for sure come back.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Runar P
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is the old style Residence Inn. The room that we stayed in was in desperate need of renovation. The bed (mattress) and pillows were old and needed to be replaced several years ago.... my guess is that the mattress and pillows were at least 15 years old! We stayed in a loft unit. We utilized the Murphy bed and the bed up in the loft... both were POOR. We chose this hotel because we needed a kitchen to fix our dishes to contribute to our family Thanksgiving dinner (our family lives in Raleigh). The kitchen served it's purpose and was functional. My husband travels for a living and is a Platinum Marriott customer. This property is NOT UP TO MARRIOTT STANDARDS! If you are accustomed to staying in Marriott properties --- skip this one!

Room Tip: Choose a different property altogether!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RoswellLady
Reviewed October 30, 2012

In short the location is not good, bad nieghborhood, the rooms are nice, but my issue was that I was asked to leave because of talking while smoking. At least that's what Lynn Guess said. I had not on issue before he was there. This receptionist called me to the office to tell me I had a compliant. When I said to him "the officer was just there talking that's why they may have heard us, the officer was checking to make sure it was only 6 people. " Lynn began to yell in a loud manner "DON'T YOU LIE TO ME" at that instant I said "you will not disrespect me by yelling", I won't type it all because I have to turn it in to BBB but I was asked to leave, at about 3am, this is after being harrased by 2 more times within 10 mins in Lynn Guess words because we were talking on the balcony. So because I was following a smoking policy I was breaking a unwritten no talking policy. This is all on tape by the way because my friend recorded on his phone n I know that they still have it on camera.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank mainetravel919
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is approximately 15-20 minutes away from the Polar Ice House Wake Forest. This hotel offered our team the following rates, $80.00 for a suite with a queen and a pull out sofa and $89.00 for a a suite with two double beds. The rooms were in excellent condition and had a full size refrigerator and microwave.

The rate included a complimentary hot breakfast. Their buffet was similar to those offered at comparable hotels. The staff was excellent and restocked when necessary. The pool area was clean and offered a small pool and jacuzzi. There was also a sports court that the boys enjoyed using after breakfast.

The sales staff were helpful when making arrangements and all went as planned when we arrived. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: No on site restaurant; however, they did offer a hot breakfast buffet and coffee throughout the day.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

This proved to be a great place to stay while traveling for business. Good breakfast in the morning and complimentary happy hour with snacks Monday-Thursday. Includes beer & wine, as well as a different snack/food every night.

Rooms were spacious & the kitchen was really nice! Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012