“Big Rooms, Newly remodeled, good price.”

Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh North
Ranked #72 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Sparta, NC
“Big Rooms, Newly remodeled, good price.”
Reviewed September 11, 2009

Great rooms, have stayed in a lot of nice Comfort Suites that are of the one big room variety with one TV, not this one. Two rooms, two TV's, comfortable pullout couch in the living room. The extra space and tv was nice since I was traveling with my teenage son.

Everything looked brand new except the TV's which are 27" and in good shape....I have just gotten used to the flat screens. Beds were very nice, room was very clean. Breakfast was great. Staff was pleasant.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New Jersey
Reviewed July 16, 2009

Horrible location, crummy area, noisy, housekeeping was awful. I would NOT recommend this hotel. The breakfast was decent and the bed was comfortable but the pillows were horrible...they might as well have given us empty pillowcases they were so flat. Several pillows did not even have pillowcases. I went to make coffee in the morning only to find somebody's else grounds still in the coffee maker. they gave us a room facing the back of a business so trucks were constantly beeping all night as they were backing up even though the hotel was empty and they could have given us a pool view, the dumpster was right next to the cars (and our room), could hear everything the people upstairs did. The room REEKED of smoke.

• Stayed July 2009
Toronto
Reviewed January 28, 2009

Was leary of staying here with some of the substandard reviews I read.

Room was clean, staff was friendly and the location was great for local shopping and sightseeing.

Free hot breakfast was a nice bonus and the dining area is very nice.

Great value!

• Liked — Suite with fridge and microwave at a great price
  • Disliked — Wireless internet slow at times - there is ethernet available
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
Reviewed January 18, 2009

We had stayed in this hotel before under another management, and didn't anticipate the serious decline in service. The outside doors would not unlock, forcing guests to use only the front door to reach their vehicles, or hold doors open with luggage to get inside.
Smelly garbage was in the dumpsters by the cars.
The hotel was noisy and the front desk wouldn't respond to requests for help with the noise. Loud shouting in the middel of the night woke us up. This is apparently not a good neighborhood. Light fixtures were broken and the wireless internet didn't work.
We asked the manager for a refund based on their "guarantee" and were referred to a regional manager who never responded to our calls. Don't patronize this place. For older guests, it is especially dangerous and the staff doesn't care.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
christiansburg, va
Reviewed October 14, 2008

This hotel was in a central location, but a little hard to get to. My fiance and I traveled to Raleigh for a business meeting and after a long drive were ready to relax. Checking in was difficult and the next day was even worse. I put the "do not disturb" sign on the door for privacy early in the morning and left the hotel to drop my fiance off at his meeting. When I returned at about one in the afternoon the door to my room was wide open. The "do not disturb" sign was gone and it was obvious that someone had been in my room. My laptop, personal jewelry and other belongings were just laying right out in the open. My fiance and I went into the room and proceeded to pack our belongings. While I was mapquesting directions home a housekeeper just walked right into our room without even knocking. She walked into the middle of the room and went to change a trash can before I spoke up and asked her to wait until we left. She just walked out. When we checked out at the front desk I asked if their computer had listed that we had requested a late check out and "privacy" for our room. They said yes and so I asked the girl why someone had gone into our room. She didn't even respond to my comment and handed us our receipt. There was no effort to make the situation better and the front desk manager had the worst attitude. This hotel is a joke and the people that work in it are even worse..

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Hotel Staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
GM-Raleigh, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh North, responded to this review, November 7, 2008
This is the first response we have had in one year and we were surprised that it was such a negative experience. We pride ourself on good customer service and we are very disappointed to hear otherwise. I hope they will give us another opportunity in the future to prove that we have great customer service.
South Carolina
Reviewed September 18, 2007

I made my reservation through the Groople.com with this Hotel, when I arrived there to check-in, the front desk clerk was horrible and very rude. Bad customer service, I will never go back to this hotel again!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
GM-Raleigh, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh North, responded to this review, July 3, 2008
This is not what we normally here about our team. We have a 97.5% intent to return after people stay at our property. Hopefully they will give our team another chance in the future.
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed July 30, 2007

A little difficult to find, watch for the 'Food Lion' which is close by when driving. Nice Chinese food next door. Rooms were clean and quiet, staff was friendly enough. Location is good for taking in the sites, about five miles & easy drive to downtown. Lots of free things to do in Raleigh, we were impressed with the Art Museum and all the other Museums, all free. The hotel has free breakfast which is self serve and maintained by cook staff. There is a cocktail hour, 5:30-8 which included some small tidbits to munch on, also free. All in all we were pleased with the hotel, it's location and Raliegh in general. It is not posh however we would return to this hotel.

• Liked — Free food & drink
  • Disliked — Toilet needed minor repair (jiggle)
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Retro_DMilwaukee_WI
Thank you for identifying us as a great value.