“Surprisingly Disappointed”

Ranked #11 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
South Carolina
“Surprisingly Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

The double room I was provided had hair all over the linen of both beds. It was NYE and I had intended on taking a nap prior to the hotel party, but the nap wasn't possible. I called the front desk and they were too busy during the holiday to be courteous towards me. I felt rushed and dismissed. A housekeeper came to my room to change the linen. While she was there, I discovered the hair on the desk adjacent to the television. She called down and had me moved to another room in the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the second floor. Sound from the ballrooms travels into the bedrooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
MidtownRaleigh, Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us as I can assure you this is not our standard. I hope you will continue to stay with the Hilton family. Best to you in the New Year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Plymouth, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

began we got to hotel. Bellman took my luggage. I did not have much cash but he was appreciative and assiste3d me when I LEFT THE HOTEL ALSO WITHOUT AND ADDITIONAL TIP. Conference facilities were great. Restaurant was a different change for me since I feel like I've eaten everywhere. The only problem was I was in a room across from the elevator. The talking was distracting at night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Good luck to you in the New Year!
raleigh, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

The staff and hotel were remarkable! We came for the New Years Even party but they made the day special and the night was incredible and very safe. They have police on site and nooone was allowed upstairs unless they had a room. Best experience

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm so happy to know that you felt this was your best New Years experience. I hope we will see you again soon!
Mooresville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

The North Raleigh Hilton is a great spot to stay for several reasons. Nice restaurant attached, wonderful breakfast buffet, convenient to lots of restaurants & shopping, easy access to downtown Raleigh - just pull out of driveway and don't turn again util in the downtown area. Staff is very efficient and friendly. Rooms are quite clean and have a contemporary flair.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are always happy to hear when guests enjoy our staff and our many amenities. Happy New Year!
Williamsburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay- this was our first overnight trip as a couple and we were a bit nervous about traveling. We had a great experience and had no issue whatsoever. Thanks Hilton for helping to make our trip special.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and it was special. We hope you will be back again!
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Location: Easy to get to, less than a mile off of I-440 (aka the Raleigh Beltline) so probably 15 minutes to downtown Raleigh and 20-25 minutes to RDU. A mile away on Six Forks Road is North Hills Shopping Center which has a movie theater and a ton of good restaurants.

Hotel: While the property is somewhat older and looks it from outside, it's been renovated very well inside. The lobby and common areas and elevators and hallways have good lighting and new carpets and all the fixtures seem new. There's a business center off the lobby as well as a gift shop and a library with a few books. There's also a pair of restaurants including the one where breakfast is served. They also give out free USA Todays and Wall Street Journals.

Check-In: The hotel hosts a large New Years Party (which is why I was staying there) so the staff was a bit frazzled. I was upgraded to the executive floor (6th, top floor) which even though the executive lounge was closed was really nice as it was much quieter on my floor than others. No suites were available unfortunately but I wasn't optimistic.

Room: The King on the Executive, 6th Floor was quite nice. A large bed, chair with ottoman, big desk area and outlets on both sides of the bed! Plus, anytime you're staying with a female and you have a bathroom and a separate sink and vanity outside the bathroom, you're happy. TV worked well with plenty of channels and the wifi was good.

Breakfast/Other: Breakfast was a buffet in the lobby and it was excellent. Cereal, yogurt, breads, pastries, fruit and cheese plus hot dishes including an omelet bar, french toast, eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, bacon and sausage, grits and potatoes. One of the largest spreads I've ever seen at a Hilton in fact.

The party was also quite good, the ballrooms they had set up were really good and whomever the hotel hired to handle the whole thing did a great job. They also gave guests a blue wristband and without one you couldn't get up to the rooms (two Raleigh Police Officers kept watch). Overall, very good hotel I'd stay at again and at 30,000 points vs. $189 a good redemption.

1 Thank Sal_Paradise767
MidtownRaleigh, Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time our of your day to write a review. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time at the NYE party. Happy New Year!
Richmond, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

This hotel was extremely nice. We had our two dogs with us and the pet rooms seem to be all at one end of the hotel, near a door to the outside where that is a big field just across the street for pet walking. Excellent restaurant too.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review, as I know this is a busy time for everyone. Glad to hear that your room was convenient for your dogs. Happy New Year!