“The most helpful staff ever”

Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown
Ranked #16 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel was nice and clean as most hiltons are. The staff especially Glenn and bellsman were so helpful. Our car was broken into the night before and they went above and beyond to help us.They spent hours vacuuming up the glass and helping to remove the remaining glass out of our window.Small gestures like these go a long way when choosing a hotel chain. These men are amazing assets to the property.

• Stayed: June 2013
MidtownRaleigh, Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time our of your day to write a review. We appreciate your kind comments inspite of the inconveniences you experienced. We hope you continue to stay with the Hilton family!

There are newer reviews for Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Rooms are fine, roomy and comfortable. Nice comfy chair but it took a Master's Degree to figure out how to raise the desk chair. Breakfast was good, but it is apparent that they want people to use the buffet. Ordering ala carte was very slow.

I was there on a conference, and the meal on Thursday was adequate at best and the service was less than adequate.

It seems as if the hotel is trying to walk a fine-line between being a conference center and a business hotel and are finding it difficult.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your guest room during your stay with us. We hope you will continue to stay with Hilton.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here for two nights with my daughters for a family wedding. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable, and my kids really enjoyed the pool. I would definitely recommend staying here. It is a great value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
MidtownRaleigh, Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your time with your family and were able to take advantage of the pool. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hilton seems loosing interest in keeping Gold members. Not good experience. I would not prefer to go to this hotel when I go to same area again. Absolutely not good if you do not like surprise after check-in. For last 3 years, I was using Hilton for 95% of my travel, now at the point choosing more Hyatt / Marriott.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is my second time here - first time on exec level now on standard level - the resteraunt is average- the internal Starbucks subpar - beds of average quality and design flaw in all baths that require constant rug rearranging - if it were not for location I would have stayed at a Hampton Inn

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for your reivew, we are very sorry that our hotel was not what you were looking for. Please know that we take your comments very seriously to continually strive to improve our guest experience. Thank you for staying with Hilton.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed three night in January and found that the room smelled musty. When passing through again in March we stayed on the concierge floor which was much nicer but the extra perks are not available on the weekend. You can stay at other places equally as nice for less money or take a step up and splurge at the Rennaisance.

Room Tip: Choose the concierge level otherwise in particular can be very noisy in the corridors.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
MidtownRaleigh, Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the room issues during your stay with us. We want to thank you for choosing Hilton and hope you continue to stay with the Hilton family.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for three nights. We got a good rate on "name your own price" so it was worth it. We ate at both the restaurants on property. The Skybox is their sports bar and the food was good. Lorton's is their breakfast restaurant and it was adequate. There was a lot to choose from on their buffet. We wouldn't have done breakfast at the restaurant, but were given complimentary breakfast due to an unfortunate incident that happened to us at the hotel. The first night we were there another guest was given our room when he checked in at 3 a.m. I guess, they had inadvertently marked us down for a different room (or something like that). We had the privacy lock on, but it didn't keep him from getting into the room. The banging of the lock is what woke my husband and I up. Now that I'm thinking about it, I feel like we should have gotten more than just breakfast out of that. They did, however, fix the lock while we were out and about that day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank picklez22

Thank you for your review, our guest comments help us to make needed improvements. We apologize for the issues you encountered. We hope you continue to stay with the Hilton family.