“Good enough business hotel, shame about the noise”

Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown
Ranked #11 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
South East
“Good enough business hotel, shame about the noise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

First time stay at this Hilton and as I was hear for 7 days on business I feel I can be fairly balanced in my assessment of the pros and cons of staying here

Firstly the good stuff, the staff were all very pleasant, helpful and corteous and from breakfast to the courtesy shuttle drivers thorough to the reception staff I had no complaints. The room was very clean, temps were ok although the air con was cash loud, so bad in fact I had to freeze the room surfing the day so I could turn it off at night to actually be able to sleep and this was only the start of the sleep issue. Being pretty jet lagged anyway I really didn't expect to hear almost the breathing of the people in the rooms either side of me, seriously the walls are made of paper they really are that thin you can can hear absolutely very footstep of the residents in the rooms around you and anyone walking up or down the corridors :(

Anyway back to the good stuff, wifi was excellent, no drop outs and good strength signal (also free for guests) the little shop in reception is good for bits and pieces, can't say the bar was terribly special but ok for a quick drink but didn't eat here as just too noisy

I will probably be travelling here regularly and I have certainly stayed in far worse places so all in all I would recommend with the caveat that ear plugs would come in handy when trying to sleep!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nick T
MidtownRaleigh, Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again to enjoy the rewarding parts of our property. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights. Rooms and hotel were updated and clean, though there was one roach on the dresser that scared the bejesus out of me (I forgot to mention it to the front desk when I left). I ate at the Bar & Grill, but I was not happy with the salmon, and the bartender was friendly, but there was only one bartender and one server, and people were complaining about the slow service. Despite this I would probably stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
MidtownRaleigh, Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your review and for choosing Hilton. We look forward to seeing you again.
Marietta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

At first, they put me by an elevator even though my profile says no elevators. New room smells musty and there is a wall HVAC unit. Plus, there are no on-demand movies and the TV signal goes in and out on a regular basis.

3 Thank CNodar
MidtownRaleigh, Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your review. We want to thank you for choosing Hilton.
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Hilton has very good breakfast for US standard and compared to other hotels in Raleigh. I like the fresh fruits, yogurt and outmeal. Sound proofing of rooms is not adequate as noice from hallway comes very clearly and bothers with jetflag.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet rom
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MidtownRaleigh, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your review and staying with Hilton!
Wilmington, NC USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel for many years , you can always depend on an exceptionally clean room/ bath and superb service. I especially like the Executive Lounge on 6th floor for a quick snack and breakfast. Staff is very personable, especially if you are a frequent guest, it's like welcoming back a member of the family. Food is good, I typically have a hamburger or rib eye steak. They used to have a wonderful Cobb salad, not sure that's still on the menu. I've stayed at lots of hotels in Raleigh ( often my work carries me to a specific hotel) and the triangle area, overall North Raleigh Hilton Midtown is my favorite and it's where I stay when I have a choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MidtownRaleigh, Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. So glad to hear we are your favorite Hilton in Raleigh. Hope to see you again soon!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times for business and haven't had any major problems with this hotel. The hotel is off a fairly busy road which means lots of traffic but also lots of places to eat and visit. I am a Diamond Hilton member and was upgraded to the Executive Floor the first stay but not the second stay but that is not a huge deal. I do wish the Executive Rooms provided a refrigerator.

The hotel sports bar has pretty good food although a pretty limited menu but definitely a good atmosphere. Did not have any problems with the hotel staff on either of my stays and would definitely stay here again if business brings me back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We hope your travels bring you back to stay with us again!
La Paz, Bolivia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Hotel is possibly a mid-80s job with little restoration except for Hilton quality hotels bedrooms, tvs etc. Satff was very helpful and excersise room was adecuate. Seems it caters for sports groups and other large parties and therefore lobby can be crowded in the morning.

Starbucks on site is small but adecuate.

Might stay there if in the area next time - not particularly a must in my hotel pecking order

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
MidtownRaleigh, Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your review, we hope you continue to stay with the Hilton family!