“good but could be better”

Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights on business. Its an older Hilton hotel that has been renovated recently. The room was comfortable, good standard hilton bedding, amenities. The gym is good as well, better than expected. Staff were friendly and helpful
I felt that the hotel missed a few points to making it four stars; one, I heard a fair amount of noise from the hallways, especially when people closed their doors, I felt like my room shuddered and there is a lot of traffic in these halls (hotel was over run with conference attendees and business people). I had trouble sleeping as a result. Second, the air was stuffy, I couldn't open the windows or have a constant airflow (the system was 'auto' and not manual) from the ventilation system. A shower made the room humid for the night.
Last, I thought the area the hotel was in was fairly sparse with things to do. You had the obligatory restaurants at the hotel and a seafood restaurant you could walk to, but anything better than that you had to drive. There is a pricier renaissance a few miles away that has access to a large upscale outdoor mall with lots of choices. I would have preferred to stay there to be honest but it was a bit more $$.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank flipper95
MidtownRaleigh, Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback as this helps us make improvements.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton, North Raleigh for Valentine's day. No valet parking, but spaces were convenient enough. The lobby was nicer than we expected. The concierge was a welcome sight.The hotel decor was surprisingly nice. We stayed in a corner room, #442, which was well decorated and had a great sleeping bed. The only down side was no refrigerator, or microwave, although there was plenty of room for both. The room was clean, which is always a main concern. Breakfast was great, a full hot breakfast with numerous selections. If there was a bell hop, and valet parking, it would basically be a full service hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank rchamb1774
MidtownRaleigh, Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive review. Thank you for choosing the Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here to go to a hockey game. The service was very good and friendly. The room was clean, but I was a little disappointed. We upgraded to the Executive level, but aside from the lounge I didn't see much difference. The bathroom was the same size and no refrigerator. The lounge was well stocked with drinks so that helped not having a fridge. It was easy to get to shopping and downtown area.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Capsfan16

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and taking the time to write a review. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel at least 5 times in the last year, and have had a consistently positive experience each time. The shuttle drivers are friendly and are able to drive you to the airport or nearby mall. The front-desk receptionists are also very friendly and accomodating. Waitresses at the breakfast buffet are attentive and room service is actually the same price as if you were eating at the sports bar downstairs.

Because this hotel is recommended by my employer, I will be staying again; however, I would choose to do so on my own anyway. Very comfortable and accomodating.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tallchick1978
MidtownRaleigh, Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

So glad to hear you had a great stay and will continue to stay with us. Thank you for your positive feed back, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed for the weekend of February 3 and 4. We were in town visiting family, so we didn't spend much time at the hotel to take advantage of the pool, fitness center, or restaurants. But the room was certainly noteworthy - plenty of space and very clean. The second sink located outside of the bathroom was a real bonus - I could do my hair and put makeup on without waiting for the shower steam to subside. Bed was very comfortable - hard to leave. It was also nice to have in-room coffee as well as a convenient cafe with Starbucks coffee in the lobby. I have stayed in many hotels with similar decor and amenities for almost twice as much money. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MDtravelertoo
MidtownRaleigh, Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive comments, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

We stayed at the Hilton visiting a special exhibit at the NC Museum of Art. When my husband called to confirm the reservations, they asked if we were celebrating anything special. As it was my birthday, he told them about that. They then asked if what type of wine I liked and did I have a favorite dessert. When we arrived, we were given a large room on the executive floor and shortly afterwards room service delivered a bottle of wine and a large slice of coconut cake with a birthday card signed by the staff! What an unexpected treat. As we are Hilton Honors Gold members, we received a free buffet breakfast, complete with omelet and waffle station. I cannot say enough nice things about this Hilton. The outside does look a bit dated, but inside it is beautifully contemporary and very comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
MidtownRaleigh, Manager at Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2011

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are so glad that you had a great experience. Best of luck to you in the new year, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I recently stayed at this property for a multi-week biz trip. There is another hotel in the Hilton family closer to my work site, however my experience with full-service Hiltons attracted me and the price was equitable to the other so I booked! The front desk staff is awesome! Everyone is very professional and courteous, a pleasure to see each morning/evening. The rooms are very styled well with classic dark wood and crisp white linens, and very comfortable. The rooms do not have mini-frig, however upon meeting the Business liaison I learned that a mini-frig can be requested. I was lucky enough (slow work days...) to dine in the restaurant twice. The food was prepared well and tasty. Executive Lounge is cozy and quiet, a nice place to have a quick bite before leaving or returning for the day. The Hilton chain has done a wonderful with their gym facilities - 'full' gym with multiple treadmills, free weights, and other miscellaneous machines. Also, very centrally located to the North area and downtown if looking for some of the great cuisine offerings in Glenwood or downtown neighborhoods. I even experienced a minor 'hitch' with the AC unit and the Facilities guy was promptly at my door and swapped it out for a new unit within minutes.

If in the Raleigh area, I definitely recommend staying at the Hilton!

Room Tip: I had a corner room facing the street, didn't experience any issues. The elevators are pretty c...