“Great hotel good staff and good area.”

Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley
Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The staff where great, I had to stay here for 3 nights whilst my wife was in hospital, the staff asked each day how my wife was and if there is anything they could do to assist me.

The bar was well priced with good food, the bar staff are always up for a chat and provide amazing the service.

I had a balcony room which had a view of a grassy area and the mall across the street, the room was well sized with good facilities and modern décor, the pool had both indoor and outdoor area along with whirl pool and wheel chair accessible facilities.

Good Job Rayleigh Marriot, thank you for making my stay comfortable.

Room Tip: Balcony Room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

NewlyTravellers,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback regarding our attentive staff and your comfortable stay. I’m pleased to hear our staff was able to provide a little extra comfort for your stay while your wife was in the hospital. We are fortunate to have a team of dedicated associates that genuinely care about providing an exceptional stay for each guest. I’ll be certain to share your kind comments with our team about their warm hospitality and excellent service. We hope your wife is feeling better and you both are able to return for another visit with us at Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley. Thank you once again for writing.

Dan Freeland, General Manager

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We should have listened to the other reviews! The front desk clerk we got was extremely disinterested in our comfort. We had requested a king and, since we did not book the reservation, did not realize it was not confirmed. We got a room with two doubles, not queens. He was unapologetic. We heard another clerk answering a complaint from a guest about his or her room when we checked in. I have been a Marriott person for more than twenty years. They don't care. Stay somewhere else. The rooms are small. The bathrooms are minuscule. The carpet is old and smells like they are trying to cover up the smell of smoke. There must be better options in Raleigh.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

wakefan2,
Thank you for writing. I’m sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate your initial request of a king bed, and for any inconveniences you experienced as a result. Your comments provide many opportunities for improving our property and overall guest experience. We value you as our guest and we hope you’ll consider staying with us the next time you travel to Raleigh. Thank you again for writing

Dan Freeland, General Manager

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I recently reviewed this hotel in April 2012. My wife and I travel quit often and spend about 40 nights a year in hotels. The last review I gave this hotel was a 4, this time it's a 1. I travel a lot by motorcycle and was recently coming back from a 6 day trip to visit my family in TN, VA, WV and NC. The last night of my trip was spent at this hotel. When I arrived it was pouring down rain and I asked (as I always do) if I could park my bike under the huge awning out front. I was promptly told absolutely not from the person at the front desk. I then asked her to please ask the manager and she vanished only to return in 10 seconds with the answer, like I said, he said no. I have stayed at hotels and motels all over the country and this was a first. I parked my bike in the rain and made up my mind to seek out another hotel the next time I am in Raleigh!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I booked the couples package for a fourth of July getaway and it was absolutely wonderful. The staff gave personalized service, everything that was promised in the package ( Champagne, Chocolate-covered strawberries) was sent to the room quickly. The beds were like clouds! I will be returning to this hotel even though I live in a different state.

Room Tip: Book a Package Deal
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KeylovesG
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Agreed that the hotel needs a little facelift compared to more recent Marriott renovations I've seen during my travels, but overall, my stay was pleasant and the staff were great!

At check-in, they recognized that I was a Marriott member (only Silver, mind you), but I was placed in a nice room, and my preferences were all in the room - extra feather pillows, extra towels and a fridge. I even had a robe in the closet, and I was not on the concierge level. Wifi signal was strong in the room and fee included in the hotel stay.

The room had the standard set-up, the bathroom was clean (no mold as one reviewer noted) and the bed was very comfortable. Newspaper delivered under the door in the morning.

Staff in the restaurant/bar were very nice and accomodating. And as far as the food in the lobby Grill, as far as hotel food goes, it was quite good. The salmon was seared and seasoned perfectly. We had a group corporate dinner of about 15 and the server made sure we were always supplied with drinks and food. Breakfast service was quick and efficient... I could grab a quick bite, get coffee and pay in 10 minutes!

Overall, the stay was pleasant, the room was quiet and comfy, and the staff were very nice and attentive. I will definitely return here on my trips back to RDU.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Freqtravelgal
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in many Marriott hotels, this one was a poor example. No ice machine on third floor, not informed on arrival of this, ask for allergen free and 2 out of 4 pillows were feather, other 2 lumpy and hard, mold on shower wall, air conditioner ran all night and strobe light flashing from smoke alarm and I know that mattress was not the same as the usual Marriott mattress.
The only good the thing was the location.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Pdhorton
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I used to stay here 6-7 years ago and then started staying other marriott properties. 6-7 years ago this was the best Marriott had in Raleigh but that is far from the case now. This place needs a big time makeover. This property is what was considered mid level to high lel classy ten years ago. Aside from the wifi and the little food take out area at the front desk his place looks exactly how it did years ago. Gym area is nice people are friendly and a highlight is the gentleman running the concierge lounge.
Needs a complete facelift, botox wont help lift this place.

• Stayed: July 2013